DI Conference Champions, DII Conference Tourney Updates, and Other NAIA Bullet Points
- Good Morning NAIA Hoops Nation! A big project deadline, at the job that actually pays me, put me behind schedule on the site, but we should be back to full service now!
- It was a big day for teams winning DI Regular Season Conference Championships! Congrats to everyone!
- America Midwest – Park (At least a share)
- Frontier Conference – Lewis-Clark State
- Golden State Athletic Conference
- Mid-South Conference
- LSU-Alexandria (at least a share)
- Sooner Athletic Conference
- Southern States Athletic Conference
- Our first NAIA DI Circled game, we will mention the champions directly above this bullet point, As #8 Faulkner defeated #4 Dalton State 100-97 to clinch the SSAC Regular Season Title. This is a Faulkner team we have talked a lot about over the course of the season. They have now won 16 straight games, and will be a tough matchup for anyone in Kansas City!
- Our circled game in the Sooner Athletic Conference saw #24 defeat #9 John Brown 69-56. John Brown still has the 2 seed locked up for the Sooner Athletic Conference Tournament, but the win puts Texas Wesleyan as a lock for the 3 seed!
- #19 Arizona Christian absolutely demolished RV William Jessup 106-61. Arizona Christian will face Menlo on Saturday with hopes of the 2 seed in the GSAC Tournament!
- In our last circled game from last night, #17 Carroll defeated # 10 Providence 89-81 to lock up the 2 seed in the Frontier Conference Tournament. The loss gives Providence the 3 seed.
- Shifting gears to the TWO NAIA DII Conferences who had their opening round games on display last night:
- In the KCAC, #1 Ottawa, #3 Oklahoma Wesleyan, # 5 McPherson, and #7 Bethel (KS) all advanced to the KCAC Semifinals on Saturday!
- In the Appalachian Athletic Conference, the Top Seeds (#1 Union, #2 Montreat, #3 Milligan, and # 4 CIU) all took care of business. Semifinal games start up later today with games at 2:00pm and 4:00pm ET.
- We begin DAY 4 of the NAIA DII Conference Tournaments. Plenty of action including the Aii opening round games, and semifinal games in the AAC, Sun, and CCAC!! Big day ahead, so as always, keep checking back in with NAIA Hoops Report, your #1 stop for NAIA men’s basketball coverage!
Follow us on Social Media