First and foremost, a BIG Happy Veterans Day to all of the vets out there. No matter if you are just a basketball fan, have a son or daughter at the NAIA level, or even one of the many NAIA players who have also served and now are back home playing college basketball, we thank you so much for your service!
One of those players, is Bryan Baptiste of Saint Katherine (CA) – Happy Veteran’s Day to Our Very Own Bryan Baptiste – University of Saint Katherine Athletics (uskathletics.com)
Thank you to all who bought T-Shirts in the preseason. We have had several people ask us if we were going to open a shop again, so we decided to run another store, this time with some new variety. In order to be sure the items will be there for the Holidays, the store will close on Thursday, November 17th at midnight!
- We have several Conference vs Conference Showdowns this weekend! It’s providing us with some great matchups all across the country. One of those showdowns is the Crossroads/Cascade Classic featuring No. 9 Grace and Bethel (IN) out of the Cascade vs No. 22 Oregon Tech and Bushnell out of the Cascade. A big shoutout to Billy Dee, from Cascade Hoops Talk, for all his efforts putting it together!
- A shoutout to Ryan Batte, Thomas More, who signed his first pro contract to play in Finland!
- Several games in Florida this weekend are getting pushed back as Tropical Storm Nicole heads inland. Hope everyone stays safe out there!
Games of the Day
- This was a really fun game from start to finish. As SAGU went toe-to-toe with the 12th ranked Pilots for about 37minutes of this game. Then, as we have seen them do many times, Shreveport put that last final run together at the end of the game to get the win. Jalen Brooks finished with 28pts on the night, including hitting six 3’s. Both of these teams have really good talent. Shreveport has so many new faces that they are just starting to scratch the surface on who they will be this season. SAGU, is going to be a team to watch in the very talented Sooner Athletic Conference this season. Was really fun, on a smaller slate, to be able to watch this game and have a lot of coaches DM’ing and texting throughout the game. A lot of respect out there for both of these coaches and programs!
- Another really fun battle between these two teams. This time it was Southern Oregon, who like Jessup, defended their home court. Atmar Mundu, who was coming off of an All-CCC nomination last season, went bonkers in this game, finishing with 32pts and making five 3’s on six attempts. Just a stellar performance in a big game! This Southern Oregon team has looked good early. Certainly, a team to watch out for as we move deeper into the season. Jessup’s road woes continue as they sit at 1-2 in road games this season. Getting healthy would help, but something to monitor moving forward!
Congrats to Kyran Jones of Georgetown on surpassing 900 career rebounds!
Follow us on Social Media