We crown 3 more champions today as the CAC, GCAC and NSAA Championship games are all today. We also have some good bubble action from the RRAC as they tip off first round action today. A team to watch out for today is defending National Champions, Shawnee State. They are still out, for now, but they can play their way onto the bubble with a big win today against Georgetown. This isn’t your typical Sunday around the NAIA, there is plenty of action all day long to keep your attention!
2pm CT – Continental Athletic Conference – Watch
- Washington Adventist vs Florida College
- Both teams are now in the NAIA National Championships. Florida College though is still playing to improve seeding, so while playing for a Title is good motivation, there is a little more involved with it for Florida College today!
4pm CT – North Star Athletic Conference – Watch
- Bellevue vs Viterbo
- We mentioned that with the chaos of the regular season that the NSAA tournament may be wide open, but in the end, it was the Top 2 seeds that ultimately advanced to today’s Title Game! Loser goes home, winner advances to the NAIA National Championships.
4:30pm CT – Gulf Coast Athletic Conference – Watch
- Philander Smith vs Tougaloo
- The Top 2 teams from the GCAC survived close semifinals games. They will battle it out today for 1 spot in the NAIA National Championships.
Bubble Teams Needing Wins
3pm CT – Red River Athletic Conference – Quarterfinals– Watch
- LSU Alexandria vs Huston-Tillotson
- Again, we will see how many RRAC Teams qualify for National Tournament, but LSUA finished 3rd in their division in the RRAC and are on the outside, looking in at the moment. They are the highest rated ARC team outside of Shreveport though, so maybe they lock up an auto-bid. They are coming off a blowout loss to Shreveport though and now need to regroup and make a run in the RRAC Tournament.
6:30pm – Red River Athletic Conference – Quarterfinals – Watch
- Southwest vs Xavier
- Xavier is another bubble team here. They have big wins over the other bubble teams in the league, so that should help them out. A win today would help a lot, but two wins, to advance to the RRAC Title game would almost guarantee them a spot.
8:15pm – Red River Athletic Conference – Quarterfinals – Watch
- Texarkana vs Louisiana Christian
- Texarkana is the 1-seed from their division, even though they technically lost it to Paul Quinn. Paul Quinn, however, can’t play in postseason play, so Texarkana slides into that 1-seed. If they aren’t going to get an auto-bid, they are going to need a couple wins in the RRAC Tournament, most likely, to get an at-large selection.
Remaining Sunday’s Conference Tournament Games
California Pacific Conference – Quarterfinals – Watch Live
- 4pm – UC Merced vs Cal Maritime
- 6:30pm CT – BenU Mesa @ Antelope Valley
Mid-South Conference – Semifinals
|5:30 p.m.||1) Thomas More (26-3) vs. 4) Cumberland (Tenn.) (21-7)||Live Video|
|8 p.m.||7) Shawnee State (Ohio) (18-13) vs. 3) Georgetown (Ky,) (23-7)||Live Video|
Red River Athletic Conference – Semifinals
- 4:45pm – Our Lady of the Lake vs LSU Shreveport – Watch
Follow us on Social Media