Our Daily Dive series is your daily rundown of what is happening around NAIA basketball. We feature game breakdowns, updates on players, coaches teams and leagues for both men’s and women’s basketball.
November is here and we are coming off of the BIGGEST weekend slate of games to-date. Unfortunately, I was moving this weekend and missed a lot! We do appreciate everyone for the kind words and checking in. The move went fine and while we have a lot to unpack still, I am finally able to get things on the website picked back up.
– Weekend Recap:
- This weekend brought us our first Top 25 to go down, as Cornerstone (MI) defeated #9 Indiana Wesleyan 99-91. In a battle of two Head Coaches who have combined for SIX National Titles it was Coach Kim Elders who led his Golden Eagles to victory, behind 32pts, 10assts, 7rebs. The former All-American decided to come back for his Super Senior season and is taking full advantage of it!
- Also this weekend, Peyton Sallee scored his 1,000 career point in the Texas Wesleyan 84-62 win over Arlington Baptist.
- 2020-21 CCAC 1st Teamer, James Pennington had himself quite the performance this weekend going for 30pts while only missing 1 shot for the game. JP is coming off of a stellar season last year and is primed for another one this year for the Trolls.
- In the GPAC, Dordt continues to be impressive. The Defenders got 19pts, 12rebs from Bryce Coppock to get a 30pt win over the North Star Athletic Conference preseason favorites Valley City State.
- #7 Arizona Christian beat RV Antelope Valley 70-53. The win gave Head Coach Jeff Rutter his 200th Career win!
– We also had some great Dunks from this weekend!
– If you aren’t following our guy Julien, than you should be. He does some great NAIA Player Spotlight videos from games he watches. Here is his latest one on Matt Simpson of Florida College:
– On the Women’s side this weekend:
- Southeastern (FL) continues to look great, this time defeated NCAA D2 Barry U, 74-65
- #19 Clarke (IA) defeated #13 Dakota State (SD) 85-68
– Olivet Nazarene (IL) Head Coach, Laura Glenn gets her 200th career win.
- IU Northwest Head Coach, Jesse Ford got his first win this weekend with a 61-43 win over UM-Dearborn.
Follow us on Social Media