River States Conference Tournament – Championship Preview
2021 River States Tournament Bracket
The top seed: Randomized Seeding
NAIA Locks: None
NAIA Bubble Teams: None
Best chances to win this tournament: Rio Grande (13-8), WVU Tech (9-6)
Possible sleeper: Point Park (7-8)
Tamon Scruggs – WVU Tech: 15.33ppg, 6.1rpg
– The top scorer remaining in the RSC Tournament.
Juvante Hayes – WVU Tech: 13.1ppg
– Having a god tournament for WVU Tech
Shiloh Blevins – Rio Grande: 16.9ppg, 6.7rpg
-RSC Player of the Year
Miki Tadic – Rio Grande: 17.65ppg, 4.3rpg, 3.3apg
-RSC Newcomer of the Year
– Hasn’t played since 1st round
Rio Grande – Rio has beaten IU Southeast, Midway and Point Park. Qualified for the NAIA National Tournament and will play tonight for the RSC Title
WVU Tech – After a 1st round bye, WVU Tech knocked off IU Kokomo. Knocked off Alice Lloyd to punch ticket to NAIA National Tournament and to play in RSC Title game.
IU Kokomo – Eliminated by WVU Tech.
Point Park – Eliminated in semifinals
Championship Game Notes:
No. 5 Rio Grande (Ohio) at No. 7 WVU Tech, 7:30 p.m. — Watch Live I Live Stats
Rio Grande 1-0
The last time these two teams played, we had one of the best endings of the year in the NAIA with a Rio tip dunk to end the game with no time left on the clock. Rio has been able to find ways to win in the tournament despite not having leading scorer Miki Tadic the last two games. Both teams are well coached and have now qualified for the NAIA National Tournament. While they both qualified already, you can bet that both coaches will still have their guys ready in this game!
– The River States Conference decided to not count regular season conference games this season. Instead teams played whatever games they could get in that were on the schedule and the league did a random draw for seeding.
– The River States Conference is a (2) bid league. Both Rio Grande and WVU Tech have qualified for the NAIA National Tournament.
– Our Pick To Win It: Rio Grande – Our pick to win the RSC Tournament won their opening round game over IU Southeast! They travel to Midway tonight to try and keep their National Tournament birth alive!