The Daily Dive is your deep dive into the news and notes from around the NAIA Hoops World. Every day we will highlight some of the top headlines, conference updates, player accolades, coaching milestones and more. This used to be our Morning Bullet Points series. We went away from it this year, as others were doing similar things and we didn’t want to step on any toes. At the request of many, we have elected to bring it back for the second half of the season. Feel free to DM us on Twitter (@NAIAHoopsReport) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to recommend stories to be included into this segment.
Review of yesterday’s Games of the Day:
Southwestern Christian 63 @ 14 MACU 67 (Full Recap)
MACU closed the game on a 7-0 run including a huge steal by Terrance Jones to get their first win against an NAIA this season. MACU got 14pts, 7 rebounds from Terrance Jones and 14pts, 5rebs, 4 assists from Omar Boone. Southwestern Christian was led by Charles Dickson with 16pts. MACU travels to play #12 USAO tomorrow night.
RV Oklahoma Wesleyan 72 @ Southwestern 79 (Full Stats)
Zhahidi Robinson came off the bench to drop a game high 33pts for Southwestern. The Builders win their 4th straight contest and with tonight’s win they remain just 1 game back of Bethel for 1st place in the KCAC! Oklahoma Wesleyan got 24pts from Brooks Haddock.
16 Martin Methodist 83 @ RV Freed-Hardeman 72 (Full Recap)
A season high 35 points for Kortland Martin wasn’t enough for FHU as Martin Methodist was able to go on the road and stop a 4 game skid. Martin Methodist was led by Darrin Jenkins who had 26pts, 9rebs in the win!
Great piece on the River States League and it’s Schedule. It depicts how tough every decision can be as everyone pieces together a season while still trying to do what is best for everyone involved. Some tough decisions ahead for not just the River States, but for teams and leagues all across the NAIA.
– Congrats to LSU-Shreveport Head Coach Kyle Blankenship on being named the HoopDirt NAIA Coach of the Week!
– Also a BIG congrats to Central Baptist Head Coach Clint Galyean becomes the CBC All-Time wins leader during the NAIA era!
– Today is the 1 year Anniversary of the Mike Doug Day at Ottawa! Awesome moment last season! Shout out to Michael Douglas!!
– Finally, Shoutout to our guys at NAIA Ball! They do so many great things for NAIA baseball. We continue to strive to build our platform up like they have. They bleed NAIA and have been a big help along our journey in our first two seasons!
We had a lot going out yesterday, so if you missed any of our posts make sure you take a moment to catch up! Can’t thank all of our writers enough for all they do! Blessed with an awesome group who works hard!
- NAIA Connections in the TBT
Follow us on Social Media