The Daily Dive is your deep dive into the news and notes from around the NAIA Hoops World. Every day we will highlight some of the top headlines, conference updates, player accolades, coaching milestones and more. This used to be our Morning Bullet Points series. We went away from it this year, as others were doing similar things and we didn’t want to step on any toes. At the request of many, we have elected to bring it back for the second half of the season. Feel free to DM us on Twitter (@NAIAHoopsReport) or send an email to email@example.com to recommend stories to be included into this segment.
Review of yesterday’s Games of the Day:
Lincoln 52 @ Indiana Tech 66 (Full Recap)
Lincoln has a reputation for getting up for big games evident in the fact that they just beat a hot Bethel (IN) team in early January. Indiana Tech wasn’t having it though. Minus a late run by Lincoln that pushed the Tech lead to seven, the Warriors led by double figures in this one for the majority of the game. Another big night for the Warriors front court, as Josh Kline finished with 15pts, 11rebs and Rog Stein added 14pts, 13rebs.
Texas Wesleyan 87 @ 12 USAO 100 (Full Recap)
This is one of those games that proves that giving up points is a bad stat in arguing how good a team is defensively. The pace of this game forced more possessions, but the USAO defense still held Texas Wesleyan to just 40% from the field and 24% from 3. They also out rebounded Texas Wesleyan 42-30. Oh, and in case you haven’t listened to us in the past, Stephon Hall is a stud! He just missed a triple-double, leading six Drovers in double figures with 25pts and added in 7 rebounds and 8 assists. Including the two in the video above!
16 Martin Methodist 73 @ RV Cumberlands (KY) 85 (Full Recap)
This was a battle between two teams, who had such great start to the years, but have seen their stock trending downward this semester. Martin Methodist’s road woes continued last night as Cumberlands took home the win behind 21pts and 9rebs from All-American Tevin Olison. It was Cumberlands third win over a ranked opponent this season. A talented and dangerous group when they are playing well.
– Both EJ Onu 23pts, 12rebs and James Jones 22pts, 10rebs had big games for Shawnee State in their 20 point win over Lindsey Wilson.
– As previously mentioned Stephon Hall of Science & Arts (OK) had a big game with 25pts, 7rebs, 8asssts.
– Mubashar Ali of Florida Memorial finished with a 19pt, 10reb game.
– Kyran Jones continues his stellar year as he finished with 21pts and 11rebs in Georgetown’s win.
NAIA to the Pros:
– A great week overseas for former Georgetown (KY) star Troy Steward.
– Congrats to former William Penn All-American Omar Sherman who signed his new contract yesterday.
Follow us on Social Media