NorthStar Weekly Review
By Jacob Pommerer
2020-21 MEN’S BASKETBALL STANDINGS
|Mayville State||3-0||6-1||—||Won 4|
|RV Valley City||2-1||9-2||1||Lost 1|
|Dakota State||2-1||3-8||1||Won 1|
|Dickinson State||0-3||3-10||3||Lost 8|
Mayville State (6-1 3-0 NSAA)-Went 2-0 this weekend in the NSAA. The Comets took down Waldorf 87-83, John Ketchel led the Comets with 17 points. Saturday Mayville completed the weekend sweep with a 87-77 win over Viterbo, Kerion Godwin led the Comets with 19 points.
Bellevue 11-9 4-1 NSAA)-Went 2-0 on the weekend, Friday Bellevue defeated Dickinson 62-55, Jemeil King led the Bruins with 21 points. The Bruins than downed Valley City, 77-69, King led all scorers with 28 points.
(RV) Valley City (9-2 2-1 NSAA)-Split their conference road trip, Friday the Vikings took down Dakota State, 75-53, Matt Schlottman scored 17 points off the bench to lead all scorers. Valley City fell to Bellevue 77-69, Jalen Addison led the Vikings with 18 points.
Dakota State (3-8 2-1 NSAA)-Went 1-2 overall and 1-1 in conference play this week. The Trojans fell to Dordt in non-conference action 92-76, Gare Ewefada had 19 points off the bench to lead the Trojans. In conference action Dakota State fell to Valley City 75-53, Josh McGreal and Ronnie Latting each had 12 points to lead the Trojans. Dakota State closed out their week with a 81-56 win over Dickinson, McGreal led all scorers with 33 points.
Viterbo (4-4 1-2 NSAA)-Split their conference weekend, picking up their first NSAA win over Presentation, 59-52 Jack Monis led all scorers with 21 points. Viterbo than fell to Mayville 87-77, Monis led all scorers again with 25 points.
Waldorf (2-9 1-2 NSAA)-Split their NSAA weekend series. Friday the Warriors fell to Mayville 87-83, Quincy Minor Jr led all scorers with 27 points. Waldorf picked up their first conference win of the season with a 108-98 2OT victory over Presentation, Minor Jr had a game high 42 points.
Dickinson State (3-9 0-3 NSAA)- Went 0-2 over the weekend, first falling to Bellevue 62-55 Bryce Knox led the BlueHawks with 21 points. Dickinson than fell to Dakota State 81-56, Knox again led his team with 21 points.
Presentation (3-13 0-3 NSAA)-Went 0-2 this weekend, first falling 59-52 to Viterbo, newcomer Dwight Felton led the Saints with 14 points. PC than dropped a 2OT thriller to Waldorf 108-98, Ian Kelly ad 27 points off the bench to lead the Saints.
Pom’s Power Rankings
- (RV) Valley City State- Were without their leading scorer and starting PG this past weekend. After having their win streak snapped by Bellevue, they will look to get their momentum back when they return home and have their full roster back this coming weekend.
- Bellevue- A big victory over VCSU, they are starting to look like the team everyone thought they would be at the beginning of the season.
- Mayville- Went 2-0 on the weekend, with two close road wins.
- Viterbo– 1-1 on the week big road trip ahead
- Dakota State-Still think this is the darkhorse in the conference
- Dickinson– Need to find a win soon.
- Waldorf– A team showing signs of improvement.
- Presentation-Dropped a 2OT game to Waldorf, need to bounce back at home to stick with the rest of the conference.
NSAA Games This Week
(Games subject to change due to Covid-19).
Mon Jan 11th
Dakota State @ Trinity Bible
Tues. Jan 12th
Oak Hills @ (RV) Valley City
Yellowstone Christian @ Waldorf
Fri. Jan 15th
Waldorf @ (RV) Valley City*
Dakota State @ Mayville*
Bellevue @ Presentation*
Sat Jan 16th
Viterbo @ (RV) Valley City*
Waldorf @ Dickinson*
Dakota State @ Presentation*
Bellevue @ Mayville*