NorthStar Weekly Review
By Jacob Pommerer
Mayville State (2-0) Returned to action this week with a convincing 103-73 win over Oak Hills, Keiron Goodwin scored 28 to lead the Comets.
Valley City (6-1)-Extended their win streak to six games.Tuesday the Vikings took down Trinity Bible 97-68, Eddie Oyetscored 25 points to lead VCSU. Friday Valley City defeated North Central University 87-74 Connor Entzi led the Vikings with 16 points. VCSU closed out the week with a 100-76 win over Bible Baptist, Chris Thomson and Kevin Schramm each had 17 points, and Schramm added 12 rebounds to lead the Vikings.
Viterbo (3-2)-The V-Hawks have now won three straight games after sweeping their classic. Thursday, they held off Clarke 70-67, three V-Hawks had 11 points to lead the scoring attack including a returning Noah Fredrickson. Saturday, Viterbo took down Cardinal Stritch for the second time this season by a score of 80-64, Brady Polk had 24 points to lead the V-Hawks.
Dickinson State (2-2)- Dropped a competitive game with 21stranked Carroll on the road 77-61 the game was much closer than the score indicates. Trey Hladlky led the Bluehawks with 14 points. Dickinson has three great opportunities to prove themselves this week.
(RV) Bellevue (4-5)- The Bruins snapped their five-game losing streak with a 65-50 win over Hannibal-LaGrange, Vinny Belcaster scored 11 points off the bench to lead Bellevue.
Presentation (2-5)-Idle this past week, have two opportunities to get back on track this week
Waldorf (1-5)-Went 1-1 on the week and picked up their first win of the season. Friday the Warriors fell to Bible Baptist 90-69, Quincy Minor Jr. led Waldorf with 15 points. Saturday the Warriors notched their first mark in the win column with a 71-62 win over North Central University, Lorenzo Smith led the way with 25 points.
Dakota State (0-1)-Scheduled a game late after losing numerous games to Coivd restrictions. Lost in their home opener to Manhattan Christian College 72-62, Gavin Schipper led the Trojans with 20 points.
Pom’s Power Rankings
1. Valley City State-Have now won six straight games, picked up a convincing win over Bible Baptist who had beaten both Waldorf and Bellevue this season.
2. Mayville State-After having games postponed or canceled due to Covid the Comets got back in a grove with a strong win over Oak Hills
3. Viterbo- Have now won three straight games and got Noah Fredrickson back in the rotation, all good signs if you are a V-Hawk fan.
4. Dickinson State- Dropped a competitive game to 21st ranked Carroll still believe they are going to be better than many people including myself thought they would be at the start of the season.
5. (RV) Bellevue- Broke a five-game losing streak with a solid win over Hannibal-LaGrange, let’s see if that gets them back on track.
6. Presentation- Idle this past week have another opportunity against a good GPAC team Saturday
7. Waldorf- Picked up their first win of the season, lets see if they can get momentum rolling as conference play approaches
8. Dakota State-Were without their Division I transfer in their season opener, need to shore things up on both ends of the floor
NSAA Games This Week
(Games subject to change due to Covid-19).• Do not count towards conference record
Tuesday Nov. 24
Oak Hills Christian @ Valley City
Trinity Bible @ Presentation
Viterbo @University of Northwestern St Paul
Dickinson @ Mayville State*
Friday Nov 27th
Dakota State @ Midland
Dakota Wesleyan @ Dickinson
Saturday Nov 28th
(RV) Bellevue @ Indiana University South Bend
(RV) Northwestern College @ Presentation
21 Carroll @ Dickinson
Sunday Nov 29th
(RV) Bellevue @ University of St Francis (ILL.)