By Jacob Pommerer
2020-21 MEN’S BASKETBALL STANDINGS
Mayville State (1-0) Idle this week get back rolling with Oak Hills at home this week.
Valley City (3-1)-Extended their win streak to three games winning their home opener over archrival Jamestown 99-83. Josh Kelly and Eddie Oyet each had 18 to lead the Vikings, all of Kelly’s points came in the second half, Oyet added 11 rebounds for a double-double. VCSU has an opportunity to extend their win streak with three games this week.
Dickinson State (2-1)- Idle this week big opportunity coming up @ 21st ranked Carroll.
(RV) Bellevue (3-5)- The Bruin’s losing streak extended to five games going 0-2 this week. Friday, they fell to Bible Baptist 89-79, Jonah Brown and Jemeil King each had 18 to lead Bellevue. Saturday the Bruins fell to Evangel 86-78, 24 points from Jemeil King wasn’t enough to get the win. Bellevue has a chance to get momentum back in their favor with a game this week against Hannibal-LaGrange.
Viterbo (1-2)-Picked up their first win of the season with a nice win on the road against Cardinal Stritch 88-62. Jack Monis led the V-Hawks with 20 points, Viterbo was still without Noah Fredrickson. Two big home games this coming week with a pair of Chicagoland teams coming to La Crosse.
Presentation (2-5)-The Saints went 1-2 on the week. Early in the week the Saints fell to (RV) Dordt 98-59, Isaac Essien dropped 21 points to lead Presentation. At their own classic the Saints fell to 21st ranked Carroll 80-41, a game that saw PC commit 28 turnovers. The Saints closed out their classic with a win over Yellowstone Christian62-61, Jackson Becker had 18 to lead Presentation.
Waldorf (0-4)-Still looking for their first win after going 0-2 this week. First falling to Grand View 100-80, Lorenzo Smith had 24 points to lead the Warriors. In their second contest the Warriors fell to Mount Mercy 103-71, Shandon Hicks had 17 in the loss. The Warriors host a classic this weekend where they will look to pick up their first win.
Dakota State (0-0)- Have had all their games so far canceled or postponed not currently scheduled to play until November 27th
Pom’s Power Rankings
- Valley City State-Three straight wins over solid GPAC teams, Coach Montgomery said on NHR-The Podcast he thinks the team found their offensive identity. See if they can keep their momentum rolling with three games this coming week
- Mayville State-Scheduled to get back in action this week after a few postponed games
- Dickinson State– Didn’t play this week have a lot of time to shore things up before their next scheduled game on November 20th
- Viterbo- Got their first win of the year while still without the services of Noah Fredrickson.
- (RV) Bellevue- Have now lost 5 straight games, need to get back on track quick before conference play starts in less than a month
- Presentation- Played two really good teams and struggled to score need to find some ways to score before conference play starts.
- Waldorf- Still searching for their first win.
(Dakota State– Has yet to play had many games postponed/canceled currently not scheduled to play until November 27th they will be reincluded when they start playing.)
NSAA Games This Week
(Games subject to change due to Covid-19).
Tuesday Nov. 17th
Valley City @ Trinity Bible
Friday Nov 20th
Valley City vs North Central University
(RV) Bellevue @ Hannibal-LaGrange University
Judson @ Viterbo
Oak Hills Christian @ Mayville State
Bible Baptist @ Waldorf
Dickinson @ 21 Carroll
Saturday Nov 21st
Valley City vs Bible Baptist
Waldorf vs North Central University
Cardinal Stritch @ Viterbo