History Is Made, Milestones, Game Recaps and More NAIA Bullet Points
- Good Morning NAIA Hoops Nation!! It is crazy to think that we are down to just a few games left of the regular season! I know we say it often, but this really is a GREAT time of the year!!
- What a Career Mitchell Fink has had at Oregon Tech. Mitchell is one of the best NAIA players in the country, and last night he put himself in some ELITE company, as he joined a very rare 2,000 point, 800 assist career club. Another huge congratulations to Mitchell Fink, who has been a joy to watch these few years!
- You will also want to read the great piece from our good friend Billy Dee at Cascade Hoop Talk (@CascadeHoopTalk), who covered the game and the milestone.
- We had a few more milestones hit last night that deserved some congratulations!!
- Zachheus Darko-Kelly from Providence ended last nights game with a Triple-Double.
- A huge congratulations to Coach Wiley Brown who won his 279th win last night to become the career wins leader in IU Southeast men’s basketball program history.
- IU South Bend’s Head Coach Scott Cooper got his 100th career win last night! Congrats Coach!
- In case you are new to the site, or new to NAIA basketball. Kyle Mangas is good at basketball, and if you haven’t watch him play, you need to before you can’t any more!
- Moving on to our Circled games from yesterday, we start with the American Midwest Conference Game where Freed- Hardeman beat Columbia College 68-66. The win moves the Lions to just a half game back of Central Baptist for the AMC lead.
- In the Cascade Collegiate Conference we highlighted a game that had some seeding implications and saw Northwest defeat Warner Pacific 90-73 as they are alone in 3rd place, and move to 2 games up on Oregon Tech in the CCC.
- We are working to finalize our conference tournament feature. It should be out later today, or tomorrow. This segment is just a fun little segment that will get out the best information we can to update the current conference tournament brackets based off of league standings, and tie breakers. Several leagues have new formats and rules, but we THINK we have it all right after searching bylaws, and other conference info. Going to be a fun article though that should help paint the picture better of how big the few games left are!!
Follow us on Social Media