NAIA Morning Bullet Points: Game Recaps, Game of The Year?!, Brandon The Boy
- Good Morning NAIA Hoops Nation! A lot of great games last night, a few upsets, and while most schools are done for winter break, we continue to have some great basketball!
- DI Recap
- #12 LSU-Alexandria 91 – #8 Loyola (LA) 84
- First, The city of Alexandria had a tornado hit town the night before this game, so prayers to all of those affected in Alexandria. As for the game, Loyola suffers their first home loss to a very good LSU-A team. There are a few All-Americans on the floor in this game, and it was fun to watch. It was kind of a different night for the Generals, as we have come accustomed to them letting it fly from 3. Last night they shot just 17 3’s, and used a balanced attack in the win, led by Jordan Adebutu with 19 points off the bench. All-American Chris Vickers finished the night with 15 points and 13 rebounds. Recap|Box Score
- NAIA DII Recap
- #2 Indiana Wesleyan 105 – RV Madonna 107 (2OT)
- Are we able to nominate a game for Game of the Year?!? Seriously, what.a.game!! Two GREAT teams, and I’ll just say it, it’s crazy to have Madonna outside of the Top 25. Some of the best players in NAIA took the floor against each other in this one, and didn’t disappoint. All-Americans Dwight Burton (31) and Joshua Reynolds (27) led the way for Madonna in this one. While All-American Kyle Mangas had a game high 40 points, and Seth Maxwell chipped in 31 points for IWU. Game Recap|Box Score
- Madonna posted the scoring chart, and it’s insane. As I said before, this could be the Game of the Year!
- We had 2 games on the West Coast last night that were NAIA DI vs DII matchups, here are the Recaps:
- NAIA DII #6 Olivet-Nazarene (IL) 73 – NAIA DI Vanguard (CA) 55
- ONU traveled all the way out to California for the Bill Reynolds Classic. Night one treated them well as they jumped out early on Vanguard and rode it out the rest of the way. Nic Reed continues to dominate as he led ONU with 18 points and 11 rebounds. ONU has played a tough schedule, and has proven that they are a serious national title contender. Game Recap|Box Score
- NAIA DII #25 Antelope Valley (CA) 73 – NAIA DI #11 Westmont (CA) 80
- Westmonts defense led to a 35-20 halftime lead, and they held off a tough Antelope Valley team in the 2nd Half run to move to 12-0 on the season. Justin Bessard led Westmont with 22 points in the win. Game Recap|Box Score
- When we see good stories on NAIA kids we try to make sure we post about them. Tom Wylie of MontanaSports.com has a great piece out entitled ‘Brandon the Boy thriving in second chance at college hoops‘ on the journey of Rocky Mountain (MT) guard, Brandon The Boy. It is a great read, and I encourage you all to take some time to read it or and watch the video!
- More action today, so be sure to check back in later to see the Schedule and Links to Watch, with our games to watch!
Follow us on Social Media