Good morning NAIA hoops fans! As you’re sipping on your coffee this morning let us catch you up on what is happening around the NAIA Hoops world!
- We celebrate wins over NCAA programs, not because we are shocked that it happened, but to help people see that there is good basketball played at this level. Yesterday NAIA DII #1 Spring Arbor defeated NCAA DII Lake Superior State.
- I also want to appologize to the fans of Warner (FL) that follow us, because we missed their win earlier in the week over NCAA D2 Rollins!
- Staying down South, congratulations to Faulkner Head Coach Scott Sanderson on winning his 100th game as Head Coach at Faulkner!
- We mentioned him earlier in the week, but Zach Wrightsil did it again last night. His second triple-double of the WEEK! Kid can really go, and I encourage you to watch him if you haven’t before. I had heard rumors that NCAA D1 programs came in after his All-American Freshman year, and tried to lure him away. We are glad he decided to stay NAIA!!
- Staying with the personal accolades, congratulations to UPike’s Jordan Perry on joining the 1,000 point club last night!
- In our NAIA DI Game of the Week, Georgetown’s defense took over in the second half, while Vanguard’s foul trouble eventually caught up to them. Georgetown is a tough place to play, but it was still a great game!
- We will have today’s schedule and links out soon. Big game day, with a lot of conference games!