NAIA Morning Bullet Points: More NCAA Wins, 100 Career Coaching Wins, and More…
Good morning NAIA hoops fans! As you’re sipping on your coffee this morning let us catch you up on what is happening around the NAIA Hoops world!
- We celebrate wins over NCAA programs, not because we are shocked that it happened, but to help people see that there is good basketball played at this level. Yesterday NAIA DII #1 Spring Arbor defeated NCAA DII Lake Superior State.
- I also want to appologize to the fans of Warner (FL) that follow us, because we missed their win earlier in the week over NCAA D2 Rollins!
- Staying down South, congratulations to Faulkner Head Coach Scott Sanderson on winning his 100th game as Head Coach at Faulkner!
- We mentioned him earlier in the week, but Zach Wrightsil did it again last night. His second triple-double of the WEEK! Kid can really go, and I encourage you to watch him if you haven’t before. I had heard rumors that NCAA D1 programs came in after his All-American Freshman year, and tried to lure him away. We are glad he decided to stay NAIA!!
- Staying with the personal accolades, congratulations to UPike’s Jordan Perry on joining the 1,000 point club last night!
- In our NAIA DI Game of the Week, Georgetown’s defense took over in the second half, while Vanguard’s foul trouble eventually caught up to them. Georgetown is a tough place to play, but it was still a great game!
- We will have today’s schedule and links out soon. Big game day, with a lot of conference games!