NAIA Hoops Report DII Game of the Week: RV Antelope Valley @ #2 Oregon Tech
RV Antelope Valley (CA) @ #2 Oregon Tech – Saturday, Nov 16th 7:30pm PT – Watch Live $$$
WHY GAME OF THE WEEK?
This is a nice little West Coast classic they have at Oregon Tech this weekend. Unfortunately they do charge you for the live feed, but this weekends games should be worth the price. The Friday games feature Oregon Tech hosting UC Merced, and Antelope Valley is up against #19 Southern Oregon. Win or lose those games on Friday, the Saturday matchup of Oregon Tech/Antelope Valley will be a good one! Both teams are favored to win their leagues, and both teams have elite guards. The Rousseau/Fink battle will be a fun one to watch!
- RV Antelope Valley (CA) (4-1)
- #1 Rousseau III 5’10 SR G – 25ppg, 2.0rpg
- #21 Johnson 6’2 SR G – 11.2ppg, 4.6rpg
- #12 Holden 6’4 SR G – 9.6ppg, 5.8rpg
- #13 Mast 6’5 SR F – 7.0ppg, 3.2rpg
- #10 Keil 6’6 SR F – 10.4ppg, 4.2rpg
- #2 Oregon Tech (5-0)
- #02 Fink 6’1 SR G – 12.8ppg, 4.0rpg, 7.6apg
- #21 Burge 6’1 JR G – 5.6ppg,3.4rpg, 4.6apg
- #23 Erickson 6’3 SR G – 17.4ppg, 5.4rpg
- #01 Hieb 6’5 SR G – 9.8ppg, 1.8rpg
- #31 Albrecht 6’9 SR F – 8.2ppg, 5.8rpg
RV Antelope Valley is finally back to full strength with Rousseau now playing. They lost a close one, without Rouseau, to NAIA DI #2 The Master’s (CA). With Rousseau back, they beat NAIA DI #15 Vanguard on the road. They have the pieces to be really good, and now have a challenging weekend in the Oregon Tech Classic, against two ranked opponents, to prove themselves even more nationally.
#2 Oregon Tech also has a tough matchup tonight before tomorrows game, but All-Americans Mitchell Fink, and Seth Erickson are back and are as good of a duo as there is in NAIA basketball. The Owls lead NAIA DII in both scoring defense (55.2) and total rebound defense (23.8). They are also currently #2 in scoring margin. Win or lose tonight, we really love this Saturday matchup with Antelope Valley!