# 15 Vanguard (CA) @ #1 Georgetown (KY) – Friday, Nov 15th 7:00pm ET – Watch Live
WHY GAME OF THE WEEK?
These two teams have combined for THREE National Titles over the past seven seasons. Win or lose, both of these teams will come out of this game a better team. Both of these programs have great tradition, top tier talent, and both will compete for their own conference titles this season. Being a Top 15 game only adds value to an already great matchup!
- #1 Georgetown (KY) (5-0)
- #4 Cowherd 6’0 SR G – 11.2ppg, 4.4rpg, 10apg
- #2 Ohmer 6’1 JR G – 18.3ppg, 4.5rpg, 3.0apg
- #11 Conway 6’5 SR G – 13.4ppg, 2.8rpg
- #24 Clareth 6’5 SR F – 17.8ppg, 5.4rpg
- #13 Coffey 6’7 SR F – 14.4ppg, 10.6rpg
- #15 Vanguard (CA) (2-1)
- #1 Tolmaire 5’10 SO G – 5.0ppg, 1.3rpg, 5.3apg
- #2 Heyward 6’4 JR G – 11.0ppg, 1.7rpg
- #12 Gentry 6’4 SR G – 12.7ppg, 2.7rpg,3.0spg
- #24 Moore 6’5 JR F – 9.7ppg, 6.3rpg, 2.0spg
- #5 Seck 6’7 JR F – 12.3ppg, 6.7rpg, 3.0spg
#1 Georgetown won the NAIA DI National Title last season, and only seemed to have gotten better. This is a dangerous scoring group, that plays both ends of the floor, and will crash the glass hard. They are currently #1 in NAIA DI in scoring margin, although they did have to battle it out with a VERY good Washington Adventist team. They are at home, and will look to use that edge to earn a Top 15 win to their resume.
#15 Vanguard got a bit of a surprise defeat at the hands of a good Antelope Valley team. This time of year scouting reports are a little bit tougher to come by, and Antelope Valley showed up with their top scorer finally being cleared to play for the game. They are known to press and lead NAIA DI in turnover margin. They are a bit young, but have played in big games before, so don’t think the road environment will scare them into playing bad. Should be a great Friday night game!