The NAIA Morning Bullet Points is a feature that will do a quick dive into the world of NAIA basketball.
- We had a few student-athletes who joined the 1,000 point club this week. Congratulations to them all!
- A big congratulations also to Coach Jeff Rutter at Arizona Christian on his 150th career coaching win!
- There were some great Top 25 battles this past week. Here are a few we highlighted:
- The #4 Morningside Mustangs had a BIG weekend, with two NAIA DII TOP 25 Wins. They beat #23 Indiana Tech, and #12 Cornerstone (MI) over the weekend.
- #4 Indiana Wesleyan also got a two BIG wins this weekend. The knocked off #17 Union (KY), and a team that was in OUR NAIA Top 25 Lincoln College (IL).
- A couple nice NAIA DI Top 25 showdowns as well, One in particular was #24 Park (MO) beating #20 Central Methodist (MO). Park joins the Heart of America Athletic Conference after this season, and went 2-0 this weekend against their future Conference.
- Not to bury this news at the bottom of the morning bullet points, but we are excited to announce that Jake Pommerer (@TheRealJakePom) has come on board to help cover NAIA DII basketball, and in particular the North Star Athletic Conference. Jake is 24 years old who graduated with his Bachelors Degree in Sports Management and a Minor in Athletic Coaching from Valley City State University in 2018. Jake spent three seasons as a student assistant for the men’s basketball program and was with the team that won the regular season conference championship in 2015-16 and advanced to the second round of the National Tournament. He also spent time interning in the Sports Information office during his years at Valley City State. Jake currently is attending Northern State University (SD) working towards his masters in Sports Leadership. Jake spent two years assisting the NSAA conference rater with Top 25 polls. He has been in attendance at 2-3 games every week since him and I started talking. I have appreciated his passion for NAIA basketball, and have enjoyed talking hoops with him. His first NSAA article will be out later today!!
Follow us on Social Media