- Our Game of the Day was a dandy as No. 24 Indiana Tech comes back to defeat No. 9 Indiana Wesleyan, 85-83.
- Nigel Martin introduced himself to the NAIA world with a 30pt, 6reb debut last night. The D2 Shaw transfer wasn’t afraid of the big moment as he hit some big shots down the stretch.
- Sophomore, Javan Buchanan led the way for IWU with 17pts. Griffin Kliewer, added in 16pts and 10rebs.
- IWU was missing stud Stetson transfer, Luke Brown and Tech played the final 8 minutes without two starters who were hurt in game. Once both teams get healthy, these are going to be two very tough teams who can make deep runs in tourney!
- No. 16 Kansas Wesleyan is the first Top 25 team to go down as Dickinson State was able to take the Coyotes down, 73-71.
- Saint Francis (IN) got win over Campbellsville, 81-77.
- IU Northwest had a good weekend as they defeat Viterbo, 85-77 to go 2-0 in the Clarke Classic.
- Rocky Mountain used a big second half run to take down RV Jamestown, 90-79.
Coaches First Wins
- Todd Lorensen, Graceland – First win at Graceland with 82-59 win over D3 Wartburg.
- JC Isackson, Providence (MT) – First win as a Head Coach with a 82-77 OT win over Corban
- Delano Thomas, Florida Memorial – First win at FMU with a 89-67 win against Fort Lauderdale.
- Jack Monis (Viterbo) 24pts in loss to IU Northwest
- Cevin Clark (Southwestern KS) 29pts in win over Randall U
- Andrew O’Brien (Southwestern KS) 15pts, 9rebs, 8assts in win over Randall U.
- Kael Robinson (Rocky Mountain) 29pts, 9rebs in win over rv Jamestown.
- Davien Harris-Williams (Providence) 26pts, 8rebs, 7assts in win over Corban.
- Asa Williams (Montana Tech) 27pts, 5stls in win over Portland Bible.
- Nigel Martin (IN Tech) 30pts, 6rebs in win over No. 9 IN Wesleyan.
- Abdulh Diaby (OPSU) 24pts, 13rebs in win over Huston-Tillotson.
- Blake Goodman (Fisk) 36pts, 5rebs in loss to rv Faulkner.
- Jaden Lietzke (OK Wesleyan) 23pts, 9rebs in win over Southwestern Christian.
Today’s Game Notes
- After last nights loss, No. 9 Indiana Wesleyan will look to bounce back quickly with an early start to today’s game. A win will give coach Greg Tonagel win No. 500. The win would still pull him ahead of Mike Lightfoot (Bethel (IN)) as the fastest to 500 wins in NAIA history.
- No. 19 William Penn will take on IU Kokomo in the Governors State Classic Championship game. The two haven’t faced off since IUK went to WPU two seasons ago and beat them on their home floor in to advance to Kansas City.
- IU Southeast will look to push their regular season win streak to 14 games. They hit the road to face rv Marian (IN).
- With just about 15 miles separating the two schools. Dillard and Xavier is maybe a rivalry you haven’t heard of but is one that always brings big time entertainment! The battle in New Orleans gets tipped off at 6pm today. The HBCU showdown is worth a watch!