Daily Dive – Nov. 29th
Sorry, this segment hasn’t been much of a Daily Dive as of late as the “real job” has picked up a lot as of late, so my attention has been there for the last couple of weeks. We did want to put out a quick Daily Dive segment today to help draw attention to some things that has been happening around the NAIA! We are also currently working to get the website transformed over to our new host. It should help speed things up here shortly. We are hoping by January 1st we will be fully ready to go! It is a cool moment for us, as we take time to reflect on our beginnings and to where we are now. We have SO much traffic coming to the site, that we have outgrown our current providers. So, again, we can’t thank you ALL enough for continuing to read our articles as we try our best to shine light on the great programs, coaches, players and leagues of the NAIA!
- The KCAC made up most of last night’s action, here is a rundown of all of the final scores:
- As good as Cevin Clark is (He’s REALLY good) it is hard not to love what Andrew O’Brien brings to the table for No. 12 Southwestern (KS). We have said it before, and we are sorry if he doesn’t like the comparison, but with the stat lines he has, he truly is the Draymond Green of the NAIA! Doesn’t always have to score the ball, but he’s a kid that just impacts winning.
- Brescia continues to impress this season as they get a big NCAA D2 win last night against Christian Brothers!
Milestones and Records
Congrats to all of the players joining the 1k scorers club recently!
- We have also had quite a few coaching milestones as of late:
Former NAIA players at D1 and Pros
We will continue to preach that the NAIA is ALWAYS full of great players. Don’t let anyone ever tell you differently! Here are just some of the recent successes that some former NAIA players have had at the next levels:
- Alex Gross (Olivet Nazarene) 3x All-American is used to CCAC POW awards, but now he has one at the D1 level as he takes home the Ohio Valley Conference Player of the Week this past week!
- Brandon Davis (Loyola) the former All-American and National Champion is doing big things at Texas State. Including being named to the North Shore Classic All-Tournament team over the Thanksgiving weekend.
- Myles Burns (Loyola) is starting at Ole Miss and currently leading Ole Miss in offensive rebounds and leads the entire SEC in steals per game.
Derrin Boyd (Georgetown) is starting at Lipscomb, is their 2nd leading scorer!
Jaylon Scott (Bethel (KS)) starts at D1 Charleston and has had some big moments already this season.
- And don’t forget about all of our former NAIA greats who are doing big things as pros!