Conference Tournament Chatter and Review Show
Tournament Championship Games
6pm CT – WHAC Title Game – Watch
- #4 Lourdes @ #3 Madonna
- Winner gets an auto-bid into the NAIA National Tournament. Loser will be sweating it out on Thursday for an at-large selection. This should be a great game though. Mark Mettie has been dominant for Madonna this semester and Noah Campbell is coming off a huge game in their upset over Cornerstone. Our WHAC upset pick, Lourdes has found themselves in the title game as well and are led by Joey Holifield and Nick Welch, but are such a well balanced and well coached team.
7pm CT – CCAC Title Game – Watch
- #6 Lincoln @ #1 Olivet Nazarene
- Our Upset pick Lincoln is looking for the big upset tonight against a ONU team that hasn’t lost since December 29th. If Lincoln is going to win this game, they will have to slow down National Player of the Year Candidate, Alex Gross. Gross continues to put up huge numbers and is almost averaging a triple-double this semester. ONU though, have lost this game the past two seasons, so you know they are hungry to finally bring home a CCAC Tournament Title!
7pm CT – Heart of America Title Game – Watch
- S1 Evangel @ N1 William Penn
- Evangel has made huge strides this season under first year head coach, Bert Capel. They have already qualified for the NAIA National Championships, but they are looking for another notch in their belt as the Heart Tournament Champions. To do so, they will have to take down a Penn Trio that is playing some great basketball in Kevion Blaylock, Karmari Newman and Q Cager. This is a matchup that came down to a last second shot by WPU at Evangel earlier this year. This one is inside Penn Gymnasium, but should be another great one between these two with what is sure to be a ruckus crowd.
8pm CT – Mid-South Title Game – Watch
- #3 Georgetown vs #1 Thomas More
- Georgetown may have lost 4-straight games coming into the MSC Tournament, but they have bounced back now with two solid wins to reach the Title game. Tonight, they will try to knock off a Thomas More squad that has had their number a bit over the past two seasons. Ryan Batte, Reid Jolly and Luke Rudy of Thomas More will look to carry that recent dominance of G’Town, while Kyran Jones and Derrin Boyd will look to end the losing streak to Thomas More and win a Title tonight.
8pm CT – KCAC Title Game – Watch
- #2 Bethel (KS) vs #1 Oklahoma Wesleyan
- The two best teams in the KCAC found their way to the KCAC Title game in what should be another thriller between the two! OKWU has really guarded well this season, so we will see if they can slow down Jaylon Scott of Bethel. Bethel handed OKWU one of their two losses on the season, as they went to OKWU for that win. OKWU hasn’t lost since that January 29th loss to Bethel.
8pm CT – Frontier Title Game – Watch
- #2 Montana Tech @ #1 Carroll
- The Co-Frontier Champions meet once again. This is the 4th time these two will face one another this season. Carroll has a 2-1 advantage, winning both of their home games against Montana Tech already. Both of these teams are in the NAIA National Championships, but Montana Tech can quite possibly get themselves a 1-seed in the National Tournament with a win tonight. Sindou Diallo has been so good for Tech this season, but this defense is going to have to slow down Carroll’s Jovan Sljivincanin and Shamrock Campbell.
Bubble Watch Games
Sooner Athletic Conference Semifinals – Watch
- 1pm CT – Wayland Baptist vs USAO
- 3pm CT Oklahoma City VS SAGU
- Both of these SAC games are important for both Wayland and OCU as both are bubble teams and with the craziness of the SAC this season, they both could use another win to help themselves out. OCU win% is what kills them. They come in at just 17-13, so if they can win this game and increase that record, that would go a long ways. Wayland has pretty solid numbers as well, but the covid forfeits/playing with non basketball players hurt both Wayland and OCU this season. You can actually add MACU to that list as well. The SAC had some of the toughest rules with Covid restrictions and it led to a lot of chaos. How it all plays out will be interesting. For now though, just win and control what you can is all these teams can do!
Rest of Today’s Conference Tournament Schedule
Red River Athletic Conference Semifinals – Watch
5:30pm CT – LSU Shreveport vs LSU Alexandria
7:30pm CT – Xavier vs Louisiana Christian
CALPAC Semifinals – Watch
7pm CT – #1 Saint Katherine (16-7) vs. Cal Maritime (13-9)
9:30pm CT – Game 4: #2 Simpson (15-7) vs. Benedictine-Mesa (12-15)