Top 25 Coaches Poll Breakdown
- The Top 25 Poll with RPI and SOS added in
2021-22 NAIA Men’s Basketball Coaches’ Top 25 Poll Five (January 26, 2022)
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [1st Place Votes]||RECORD||RPI||SOS|
|1||2||William Penn (Iowa) ||19-1||5||38|
|2||3||Talladega (Ala.) ||17-1||11||137|
|3||1||Loyola (La.) ||17-1||4||116|
|6||4||William Jessup (Calif.)||21-2||1||24|
|7||10||Thomas More (Ky.)||17-2||8||60|
|10||13||College of Idaho||18-3||14||74|
|11||14||LSU Alexandria (La.)||13-1||40||204|
|15||15||Science & Arts (Okla.)||16-4||7||24|
|16||21||Saint Francis (Ind.)||18-4||6||8|
|17||18||Hope International (Calif.)||16-4||18||91|
|19||RV||Olivet Nazarene (Ill.)||18-3||8||38|
|22||22||IU South Bend (Ind.)||15-3||44||162|
|25||NR||Briar Cliff (Iowa)||14-6||30||9|
Dropped from the Top 25: Concordia (Neb.), WVU Tech (W.Va.), Jamestown (N.D.), Lewis-Clark State (Idaho), Xavier (La.)
Others Receiving Votes: Alice Lloyd (Ky.) 128; Concordia (Neb.) 73; Oregon Tech 68; WVU Tech (W.Va.) 45; Tennessee Southern 40; Stillman (Ala.) 38; Florida College 26; Southwestern (Kan.) 26; Indiana Tech 23; Jamestown (N.D.) 20; Northwestern (Iowa) 16; Evangel (Mo.) 10; Lewis-Clark State (Idaho) 7; LSU Shreveport (La.) 7; Texas A&M Texarkana 6; Missouri Baptist 6 ; Texas Wesleyan 4; IU Kokomo (Ind.) 3.
- Top 25 Breakdown
- 13 of the 21 leagues are representing inside the Top 25.
- Three leagues have at least 3 teams inside the Top 25.
- Crossroads League (4)
- #5 Indiana Wesleyan, # 14 Grace, # 16 St Francis, #24 Marian
- Golden State Athletic Conference (3)
- #6 William Jessup, #8 Arizona Christian, #17 Hope International
- Southern States Athletic Association (3)
- #2 Talladega, #3 Loyola, #21 Faulkner
- Crossroads League (4)
- Conference Top 25 Voting Breakdown:
- AMC: rv Missouri Baptist
- AAC: NONE
- CalPac: NONE
- Cascade: #10 College of Idaho, rv Oregon Tech, rv Lewis-Clark St
- CCAC: #19 Olivet Nazarene, #22 IU South Bend
- CAC: rv Florida College
- Crossroads: #5 Indiana Wesleyan, #14 Grace, #16 Saint Francis (IN) , #24 Marian
- Frontier: #12 Carroll, #20 Montana Tech
- GCAC: NONE
- GPAC: #24 Briar Cliff, rv Concordia (NE), rv Jamestown (ND), rv Northwestern (IA)
- GSAC: #6 William Jessup, #8 Arizona Christian, #17 Hope International
- Heart: #1 William Penn, rv Evangel
- KCAC: #4 Oklahoma Wesleyan, #23 Bethel (KS), rv Southwestern
- Mid-South: #7 Thomas More, #13 Georgetown, rv UT Southern
- NSAA: NONE
- RRAC: #11 LSU Alexandria, rv LSU Shreveport, rv Tx A&M Texarkana
- RSC: rv Alice Lloyd, rv WVU Tech, rv IU Kokomo
- SAC: #9 SAGU, #15 Science & Arts, rv Texas Wesleyan
- SSAC: #2 Talladega, #3 Loyola, #21 Faulkner, rv Stillman
- The Sun: #18 Southeastern (FL)
- WHAC: rv Indiana Tech
- William Penn (IA) is the NAIA’s new #1 team in the country. Making the move up from #2. The Statesmen get 14 of the 20 1st place votes.
- 5 New teams jump into the NAIA Top 25. Making the biggest jump was Olivet Nazarene to #19.
- #20 Montana Tech, #21 Faulkner, #23 Bethel (KS) and #25 Briar Cliff all join ONU as teams who weren’t in the Top 25 in the last poll.
- Dropping out of the poll this week was Concordia (NE), WVU Tech, Jamestown (ND), Lewis-Clark St (ID) and Xavier (LA).
- Thomas More (KY) comes in at #7 in the poll. It is their highest ever ranking in program history.
- Top 25 Notes
- William Penn has two monster road trips this week and will be on a bus for nearly 19 hours once they return back home on Saturday night. The 1st one is tonight against a very tough Peru St squad that had Penn on the ropes earlier this season. They will travel to rv Evangel on Saturday.
- #10 College of Idaho and #11 LSU Alexandria both went down last night. Those games weren’t calculated into these rankings. By the looks of it, neither was #13 Georgetown’s home loss to #7 Thomas More on Monday.
- Speaking of #7 Thomas More, they have a big Mid-South road game @ rv UT Southern on Thursday. A game for 1st place in the MSC!
- Thursday night also will bring us a Top 25 showdown as #4 Oklahoma Wesleyan heads to #23 Bethel (KS).
- #23 Bethel (KS) has won 12 straight games after a bit of a slow start to the year.
- #25 Briar Cliff finally sneaks into the poll. The leaders of the GPAC have a tough road matchup tonight with Midland.
- Alice Lloyd, unofficially #26, is 19-0 on the season. They have the nations longest win streak going.
- More of the Top Saturday Showdowns to look out for:
- #5 Indiana Wesleyan hosts #16 St Francis
- #17 Hope International heads to #8 Arizona Christian
- rv Stillman heads to #21 Faulkner,