– Men Games of the Day Recap – Dec. 8th
- Reinhardt 84 – Tennessee Wesleyan 74
- While other’s put most of their focus on the Top 25 teams there are plenty of other teams and leagues that have some storylines building up. One of those is the Appalachian Athletic Conference in which Tennessee Wesleyan and Bluefield sit atop. Tennessee Wesleyan suffered their first AAC loss last night to a Reinhardt team that has now won six straight and has moved into fourth place in the AAC. In the win, Kristian Collins came off the bench to give the Eagles 24pts. The Eagles also shut down TWU star, Ty Patterson, who finished the night 1-6 from the field and just 3pts.
- Northwestern (IA) 71 – Dordt 67
- Really big win for Northwestern, who have struggled a bit out of the gates this year and sit at just 2-3 in GPAC play. NWC jumped out to the early lead in this one and stretched the lead to 10 in the second half. Dordt fought back though and had it to a 3pt game with under a minute to play, but NWC was able to make clutch free throws down the stretch to hold onto the win!
– Other Notable Games:
- RV Central Methodist knocked off #3 William Penn behind 35pts from Jonathan Brown. Since joining the Heart, WPU is just 2-4 @ CMU now.
- Rochester blew out #7 Indiana Wesleyan. AJ Johnson had 23pts and 5 rebounds in the win.
- #13 Grace survived 72-70, without NPOY candidate, Frankie Davidson!
- #18 Morningside lost on road to crosstown rival Briar Cliff. Conner Groves (23) and Jaden Kleinhesselink (20) paced the Chargers in the win!
- #25 Bethel (KS) finally finds themselves on the right side of a close win! Jaylon Scott was well, Jaylon Scott.
– Top Pefromers:
- Alex Gross went for 21pts, 12rebs, 6assts and 6blks last night in ONU’s win over Viterbo
- In a 81-75 Exhibition loss to D1 Tarleton St., SAGU’s Nykolas Mason 26pts, 5rebs and Joshua Kashilla 22pts, 8pts, 4rebs both had big games.
- Jaylon Scott had 28pts, 9rebs, 4assts in Bethel (KS) win over Southwestern (KS) last night.
- Laurence Merritt had 28pts last night in Midland’s win over Hastings
- Ottawa (KS) bench, led by Joe Johnson III and Ty Bland hit 12 3’s last night and combined for 50 of the teams 82pts.
- John Brown’s Densier Carnes with a MONSTER 16pt, 20reb double-double last night in the loss to Oklahoma City.
- Gage Smith had a 25pt, 11reb double-double for Conrcordia (NE) in their win over Mount Marty.
- Jeremiah August finished with 11pts and 17rebs in Dillard’s loss to William Carey.
- Our guy, Julien, was all over Jonathan Brown’s big performance last night for Central Methodist.
– Women Games of the Day Recap – Dec 8th
- #8 Sterling 64 – Bethany 54
- Sterling jumped out early and dominated this game for most of the game. They then held Bethany at bay in the 4Q as Bethany tried to make a late charge. It was too little too late though. Sterling got a 18pt, 13reb double-double from Taya Wilson in the win.
- GPAC Showdowns: #10 Morningside 71– #20 Briar Cliff 68 and #22 Dordt 79 – #12 Northwestern (IA) 66
- We highlighted both games as big games in terms of the GPAC Standings, so we will group them together here. With the Morningside win accompanied by the Northwestern loss, Morningside now owns a 2 game lead in the GPAC Standings. Behind them is a cluster though as 3 teams have 2 GPAC losses, including both Briar Cliff and Northwestern. Dordt, who had struggled a bit as of late, got a huge win last night. While they are just 2-4 in the GPAC, it’s still, mostly, early and they have a shot to get themselves back in the hunt!
- Other Notable Games:
- Speaking of GPAC teams, Dakota Wesleyan won their sixth straight game. While last night was a non-conference win, DWU is creeping up the GPAC Standings and is a team to watch moving forward.
- The Bryan women won their 71st, yes their SEVENTY FIRST, straight AAC game last night!!!
- #7 Central Methodist, who had to forfeit two games because of league Covid protocols, took out some anger last night on William Penn, winning 91-49. West Virginia transfer, Arleighshya McElroy, had 28pts, 8rebs, 3assts and 3stls in the win!
- Taylor got a 21pt, 18reb game from Taylor Westgate in their win over Governors State!
- Point’s Nicole Izuaglie set a new school record for most 3’s in a game with 8!
- Devonte Pack, Friends, surpassed the 1,000 career point mark!
- Kevion Blaylock of William Penn also surpassed his 1,000th career point!
- Connor Entzi also surpassed 1,000 career points last night!
- Brandon Beavers, Lawrence Tech, got his 100th career steal last night!
- XULA Head Coach, Alfred Williams got his 100th win at XULA with their December 6th win over William Carey!