– December 7th Games of the Day Recap – Men
- Indiana Tech 69 – Taylor 45
- Indiana Tech won their 7th straight game with a 24pt win over Taylor. Taylor REALLY struggled to score in the 2nd half, putting up just 14pts on 17.95 from the field. Jason Hubbard scored 9 of those 14pts, but 5-28 from the field will do most teams in. Indiana Tech got 17pts from the reigning WHAC Player of the Week, Grant Smith. Smith also added in 5 rebounds and 4 assists.
- Evangel 78 – Benedictine (KS) 67
- Evangel won their 7th straight contest last night. Knocking off one of the preseason Heart favorites, Benedictine. Evangel now leads the Heart South standings at 3-0. Cade Coffman led the way with 17pts to go with 5rebs and 3assts. Benedictine’s struggles continue as they drop to 7-5 on the year and 1-2 in Heart play. They were led by Nysir Scott with 13pts.
– Other Notable Games:
- #5 Talladega, without 2x All-American Darryl Baker and essentially playing six players, beat NCAA D2 Mississippi College!
- Life Pacific knocked off Saint Katherine 68-67. Austin Cook scored 21pts to go with 6rebs and 2assts to lead Life Pacific.
- MACU struggles continue as they fall to Southwestern Christian 68-67. They were without All-American Terrance Jones again.
- #10 Jamestown, without National POY candidate Mason Walter, knocked off Dakota St. 81-71!
– December 7th Games of the Day Recap – Women
- #1 Campbellsville 93 – RV Lindsey Wilson 60
- Campbellsville left no doubt in the Battle of Highway 55 last night. They jumped all over LWC early and never looked back on their way to the 33pt win. Kaitlynn Wilks finished with 16pts for the Lady Tigers.
- RV Olivet Nazarene 65 – #16 St Xavier 60
- ONU won their 5th straight, this time getting a Top 25 win over CCAC opponent St Xavier. While St Xavier was able to control the pace of the game, ONU was able to get a game high 20pts from Kennedy Johnson to grind out a tough win in a game where neither team had a lead more than 6pts!
– Other Notable Games:
- Rust moved to 13-2 while getting a road win over Stillman.
- #6 Wayland Baptist got a triple-double from Jenna Cooper and three other double-doubles as they ran away with a SAC win over OPSU. Our guy Julien Korver was all over the Jenna Cooper Triple-Double this morning:
– Notable Milestones
- Brady Birch of Jamestown surpassed the 1,000 career points milestone.
- While it was a tough loss, Point Parks, Michelle Burns surpassed 1,500 points and moved to 4th in career points and is now tied for 1st in career assists at Point Park.
- Anna Kash, who is appropriately named, went Cash Money from deep last night hitting 7-3’s which is tied for fourth most threes made in a single game in the NAIA era.
- Coaching Milestone: College of Idaho Head Coach, Colby Blaine, accomplished the best 100 game start in program history!
– Almost two months into the season and we finally got our first NAIA National Player of the Week winners from the NAIA. Congrats to both Frankie Davidson of Grace (IN) and Grace Beyer of Health Sciences & Pharmacy (MO).
– HoopDirt.com and WHoopDirt.com Coach of the Week Winners.
Follow us on Social Media