Daily Dive – November 3rd
Our Daily Dive series is your daily rundown of what is happening around NAIA basketball. We feature game breakdowns, updates on players, coaches teams and leagues for both men’s and women’s basketball.
It’s been three weeks since the first official NAIA game. With that, we still have plenty of teams who are tipping off of their season this week, so as storylines continue to build on the season, remember that why it may feel like the season has been going for awhile, it is truly still just beginning.
– Our games of the Day yesterday didn’t live up to the hype as #9 Indiana Wesleyan defeated RV Olivet Nazarene, 98-74 and #16 Oklahoma Wesleyan defeated John Brown, 77-58.
- December 8th, 2018: That is the last time that Indiana Wesleyan lost back to back games. Returning back to Luckey Arena obviously helped, but Greg Tonagel and the Wildcats are quick to fix mistakes and get back to their winning ways.
- Newcomer Dan Largey, has been lights out through his first three Wildcat games. The lefty sniper has hit 13 trifectas already at a 56.5% clip. He has gone for 30+pts in two of the three games.
- Last years leading scorer, Kaleb Stokes, has come off the bench the first two games this season. He is playing behind second year Freshman, Jaden Lietzke, who has looked really good in his first two games for OKWU.
- In fact, Lietzke led the Eagles in scoring with 25pts in their first game of the season and it was two other Freshman, Derrick Talton and Dylan Phillip who led the Eagles in last nights win.
In Other Action:
- Holy Cross (IN) needed a late 3 last night to beat East-West, 66-64. Here is Ryan Blacks game winner:
- Bryan (TN) went on the road to beat Dalton St last night, 69-63. All five starters were in double figures, led by Marcus Allen with 16pts.
- West Virginia Tech defeated NCAA D2 Salem University last night, behind 32pts from All-American Tamon Scruggs. It was their 2nd straight win over a D2 program this season as they also knocked off Alderson Broaaddus this past weekend.
On the Women’s Side:
- St Ambrose upset #20 Olivet Nazarene, 90-77 to move to 1-0 in the CCAC.
– Congrats to Ashlyn Adkins of Faulkner on scoring her 1,500th career point last night
We have another nice slate of games, so as always, make sure you stay tuned in with us as we continue to bring you the best NAIA hoops coverage in the World!