The 2021-22 season is HEEEERRRREEEEEE!!!!! The NAIA basketball season gets tipped off tonight and I don’t think we are alone in saying that we are PUMPED that we finally have some college basketball games to watch! Coming off of a very abnormal season, we are hoping that this season comes with less craziness! As always, with the tip-off of the season, we also launch our Daily Dive series. Our Daily Dive series is your morning (usually morning) dive into the top headlines around the NAIA world. With us adding Women’s basketball to our coverage this year, this segment will feature both men’s and women’s hoops. We are looking forward to a great season of basketball!
– Let us start this Daily Dive off by giving out the links to the two NAIA Men’s games we have tonight!
- Midland (Neb) vs Oak Hills Christian 6pm CT (Watch Live)
- Carroll (Mont) vs Yellowstone Christian 7pm MT (Watch Live)
– As stated yesterday on Twitter, the NAIA has done a great job of updating their website to include live stats, season stats and even links to watch games. It isn’t perfect, as we have been told that other sports have experienced issues early on. We also know that not every game link can be played from the NAIA website. With that, we will continue our Schedule and Link series to help do our part in making sure every game is accessible to fans!
- One side note about game links. There has been a HUGE increase in social media accounts trying to pose like they are giving you game links to watch games. Those links are fake and are set up to help steal your account information. BE CAREFUL!! Only trust those trusted sources such as the schools social media posts, the NAIA website and of course US! If you have questions, feel free to reach out to us!!
– As the preseason continues to move forward, we are starting to get a lot of the preseason conference polls released; here is a quick run down of the ones that have been released thus far:
- Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference
- Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference
- Crossroads League
- River States Conference
- Frontier Conference
- Red River Athletic Conference
– There will be more preseason polls that will trickle out over the next few days. We will feature them in future Daily Dives as they are released. If you missed our NAIA Men’s Season Preview, you can view it here:
Games of the Day 2:00pm No. 19 Cumberlands at rv Rio Grande Video | Live stats 3:00pm | rv Roosevelt (IL) *
– We are also finishing up our NAIA League Preview series. We got held up a bit by still having some programs without rosters posted, but we have proceeded and trust our sources. With that, you can expect us to start releasing those later today. With 21 leagues in each of men’s and women’s NAIA hoops, we will slowly release a few per day over the next several days. We don’t want to bombard everyone with information and have some of the articles get missed!
– We do want to bring attention, again, to a cool thing happening out in California. NCAA D1 UC-Davis is going to play a game AT William Jessup. You don’t see many D1 programs playing a game at a NAIA school. We did see New Mexico State play at Arizona Christian last season, but that was because of Covid restrictions in New Mexico. Arizona Christian also had the lead in that game with under 2 minutes to play. This UC-Davis/William Jessup game though is also special circumstances. It is for a good cause, so if you have the means to donate, please consider it!
– We will leave you today with an exciting announcement. NAIA Hoops Report President and Founder, Junior, will be joining William Payne and Coach Chadwick Hixon on Twitter Spaces, Sunday evening. Please come join us in the fun!