Crossroads League Tournament – Championship Preview
2021 Crossroads League Tournament Bracket
The top seed: #1 Indiana Wesleyan
NAIA Locks: Indiana Wesleyan, Marian, Saint Francis
NAIA Bubble Teams: Bethel (KS)
Possible sleeper: Grace – eliminated
Cameron Wolter 6’8 – Marian: 21.4ppg, 9.23rpg, 3.2apg
– 19pts, 10rebs in QF win over Huntington.
– 11pts, 9rebs in Semifinal win over MVNU.
Cameron Stewart 6’0 – Marian: 15.5, 3.8rpg, 3.71spg
– 12pts, 6rebs in QF win over Huntington.
– 21pts, 7rebs, 7assts in Semifinal win over MVNU.
Antwan Cushingberry 5’8 – Saint Francis: 17.7ppg, 4.5rpg, 5.1apg
– 20pts, 5reb, 8assts in QF win over Grace.
– 24pts, 6rebs, 10assts in Semifinal win over #1 Indiana Wesleyan
David Ejah 6’8 – Saint Francis: 16.3ppg, 9.3rpg
– 27pts, 10rebs, 3assts in QF win over Grace.
– 11pts, 7rebs in Semifinal win over #1 Indiana Wesleyan.
#1 Indiana Wesleyan – Eliminated in Semifinals
#2 Marian – Beat Huntington by 15 in the quarterfinals, their 11th straight win. The Knights then got their 12th straight win, as they knocked off MVNU in the semifinals.
#5 Grace – Eliminated in 1st Round
Championship Game Notes
#4 Saint Francis @ #2 Marian 7pm ET Stats | Video
Even though Marian swept the regular season series, this is a different Saint Francis team. They have one 8 of their last 9 games and 7 straight contests including going to #1 Indiana Wesleyan and manhandling them 106-79. Marian has a nice streak of their own going, winning 12 straight games. Oddly enough, both teams last loss was a road loss to Indiana Wesleyan. Marian is led by big man Cameron Wolter on the inside and Cameron Stewart on the perimeter. Saint Francis will counter with Antwan Cushingberry on the outside and David Ejah on the inside. Both teams are playing their best basketball of the season right now. They are both locks to be in the NAIA National Tournament no matter what, but that shouldn’t take away from this great matchup!
Crossroads League Tournament Page
– Since 2010, and before the NAIA became one division, the Crossroads League won FIVE NAIA DII National Titles.
– The Crossroads league is a (2) bid league. The Regular Season Champion: Indiana Wesleyan and the Tournament Champion or Marian if IWU wins both.
Our Pick To Win It: Indiana Wesleyan – Eliminated in semifinals.