2021 AMC Conference Tournament Bracket
The top seed: Lyon (10-4,8-2)
NAIA Locks: None
NAIA Bubble Teams: None
Best chances to win this tournament: Lyon (10-4, 8-2), Central Baptist (16-6, 11-3)
Possible sleeper: Columbia (15-6, 9-4)
Tony Burks – Columbia: 18.3ppg, 5.8rpg
– 19pts, 10rebs in win over Williams Baptist.
– 12pts, 8rebs in Semifinal win over Lyon
Jack Fritsche – Columbia: 10.26, 5.0rpg
Leading the Tournament in PPG at 16.5
– 17pts, 5rebs in QF win over Williams Baptist
– 16pts, 5rebs in Semifinal win over Lyon.
Tedrick Wolfe – Central Baptist: 14.8ppg, 5.1rpg
– 15pts, 7rebs in quarterfinal win over USHP
– 16pts, 8rebs in Semifinal win over MoBap
Zach Hudson – Central Baptist: 12.9ppg, 4.3rpg, 2.8apg
– 14pts, 6rebs, 4assts in QF win over UHSP
– 18pts, 9rebs in Semifinal win over MoBap
#1 Lyon – Eliminated in Semifinals
#2 Central Baptist – Rolled to a 89-55 win over UHSP in the quarterfinals. Host rival Missouri Baptist today in Semi’s.
#4 Columbia – Got the win over Williams Baptist in the Quarterfinals. Have a tough road contest today against Regular Season AMC Champs, Lyon.
Championship Game Notes:
(4) Columbia @ (2) Central Baptist 7pm Live Video
Regular season series tied 1-1
This is our pick to win the tournament (CBC) vs our Upset Special team in (Columbia). While Columbia lost at home 10 days ago to CBC by 18, they did beat CBC in OT at CBC earlier in season. While the 18pt win may put some confidence into CBC going into this game, don’t count out this Columbia team. When their defense is clicking and getting stops they are able to limit teams and win games. Tonight they will have to do a better job at limiting easy buckets for CBC. This is a big game tonight as both teams need a win to get into the NAIA National Tournament.
– The team with the most AMC Tournament Titles? – Columbia (10)
– Of The Top 4 seeds, Lyon is the only one to not have won a AMC Tournament Title in the past. Central Baptist -2019, Columbia -2018, Missouri Baptist 2005.
– AMC has (1) auto-bids: The AMC Tournament Champion
Our Pick To Win It: Central Baptist – Ultimately, they have the best talent in the league. They should be really motivated after losing the final game of the season to cost them the AMC Title and they should have some extra motivation coming off of last seasons loss in the AMC Title game.
xFive Players to Watch Luke Rankin 6’0 Freshman, Dordt (IA) Why not throw the Freshman in to this.
xThe CalPac, like the Cascade, decided to let those teams that could, play in the NAIA regular season,
xThe Red River Athletic Conference (RRAC) is coming off a year where only four teams finished the season.
xWe aren’t here to debate politics or Covid beliefs. The fact of the matter here is that when
xFive Players to Watch Alex Gross 6’10 Olivet Nazarene 2020-21 1st Team All-American. 21.6ppg, 11.7rpg High basketball IQ,
Follow us on Social Media