Game Recaps, Conference Races, and Other NAIA Bullet Points
- Good Morning NAIA Hoops Nation!! Last nights games just added to the craziness of the conference races, but it’s hard to find games right now, especially in NAIA DII, that don’t have BIG implications on them! That is part of the reason we had so many circled games last night, but come on now ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!?
- The Heart of America was the only NAIA DI conference that had games last night. Most of the Heart teams still have 5 games left in their 24 game conference schedule, so there will be more shifting in the seeding. Here is a look at the current standings:
- In our 1st circled game from the Heart of America, Benedictine beat Evangel 78-65. The win keeps Benedictine in a tie for 3rd place in the Heart. an important spot since the Heart of America hosts the the NAIA National Tournament and gets a host bid. I believe they also have to keep their overall win % above .600 in order to claim that at large spot. For Evangel, the loss really tightens things up, as their lead for the 8th and final playoff seed is down to just 1 game over Mount Mercy and Central Methodist.
- In GPAC action, two hot teams gave us a GREAT game as Northwestern knocked off Jamestown 101-98. The win, coupled with the Dakota Wesleyan loss to Mount Marty, puts them into a tie for 2nd place in the CROWDED GPAC. As we stand at this moment, the 2nd-7th place teams in the GPAC are separated by just 2 games. Going to be a FUN last few games in this league!!
- Speaking of FUN, what a game in the KCAC last night between Friends and Bethel! Friends hit a game winner for the 75-73 road win. There were a few games postponed until tonight, but for now, Friends jumped into 3rd place, in another league that is CROWDED!!! We will have more standings updates in the KCAC after tonight’s games!
- Our last circled game from last night, was a game that saw Cornerstone beat #13 Lourdes 68-63. The win helped to pave the way for Indiana Tech to take over sole possession of 1st place in the WHAC with 3 games remaining. Cornerstone is too well coached to think they aren’t a threat to win the WHAC Tournament! This team is very capable of making a run, and getting back to the national tournament!
- On the individual side, last night was another big night for Jackson Lamb of Briar Cliff, as he became the career 3-point leader at BC! Congrats Jackson!
- A very BIG slate of games tonight, that you won’t want to miss! As always, we will post the links to watch games, along with our circled games list, later this afternoon!!
Follow us on Social Media