- Good Morning NAIA Hoops Nation!! We had another interesting night in the NAIA Hoops World. One of the more interesting things is that both #1 Georgetown (KY) and #12 The Master’s (CA) both lost AT HOME last night. These two places are two of the toughest in the country to win at, so for one of them to lose last night would have been a surprise, but for both of them to lose on the same night at home is something I would bet hasn’t happened much over the past 5 years.
- The #4 Westmont Warriors took care of business out in the GSAC again as they beat #22 William Jessup last night 88-73. The Warriors were led by Abram Carrasco’s career night as he scored 31 points and dished out 10 assists. This Westmont crew continues to roll through the GSAC, and will have a big opportunity on Saturday against A HOT Menlo team, to move to 3 games up in the GSAC with what would be just 5 games remaining.
- In our featured game in the Sooner Athletic Conference #15 SAGU was able to go on the road and beat Oklahoma City 102-90. Nykolas Mason continues to play outstanding as he finished the game with 28 points and 12 rebounds. Nyk is playing like the Sooner Player of the Year, and even with a few other great players in the league, I am not sure anyone is more important to their teams success then he has been this year. The win keeps SAGU just 2 games back of #2 MACU, and 1.5 games back of #9 John Brown. Both of which they get at home over the next few weeks.
- Out in the Southern States league Stillman picked up a 93-79 win on the road agasint #16 Loyola. Giovanni Bray led the way for Stillman with 32 points off the bench. All-American Prince McDaniel chipped in 17 points and 7 assists. Loyola is just 6-5 over their last 11 games, and now fall to 3.5 games back of the SSAC lead behind both #3 Dalton State, and #10 Faulkner. Stillman is currently tied with Bethel (TN) for 4th place in the SSAC.
- Our last DI featured game from last night saw #22 Shawnee St hold on for a 73-71 OT win against Campbellsville. Both of these teams needed this wink, but Shawnee, at home, and after losing 3 of their last 4 games, really needed a feel good win. This game was a battle, but Shawnee got 17 points and 10 rebounds off the bench from Tim Biakapia to help push them to a 2 point win.
- A lot of people do some great bracket work, so it’s fun to see potential matchups!
- Our Guy TAD, posted his most updated DII Bracket yesterday, he works hard to do research on league qualifiers and puts together some great brackets.
- Red Banner Roundball also posted their new NAIA DI and DII brackets
- This next one is a NAIA DII WOMEN’S bracket that was sent to me and I wanted to make sure it got posted. We are also happy to announce we will be expanding our coverage by adding a Women’s Hoops Report for next season, and will be having some smaller coverage on both the women’s conference and national tournaments to end this season!
Follow us on Social Media