- #1 Georgetown –They started last week off with a nice road win against Shawnee St 67-60 on Monday for their first road game of the season. It was an interesting game, as Georgetown had a 15 point 1st half lead get erased by half time, and then got up 12 in 2nd half before Shawnee once again came back to tie it up with only a few minutes left in the game. Georgetown was able to get key stops, and make FT’s down the stretch to get the win. Chris Coffey (16pts,14reb), and Kyran Jones (14pts,11reb) both had double-doubles. The Tigers then traveled to Thomas More on Thursday and got a 74-61 win. Georgetown got up early in this game and led by 12 at the break, before cruising to their 2nd straight road win. Jake Ohmer led 3 Tigers in double figures with 22 points. Georgetown actually had their conference Bye Week on Saturday, but elected to play USCAA member Oakwood University. Georgetown won their 3rd game of the week 68-56. Georgetown played most of the week shorthanded and had 5 guys play 29+ minutes in this one. With it being their 3rd game in 6 days, they were a little worn down. Chris Coffey manufactured a monster 19 point, 19 rebound game for the Tigers. Georgetown will travel to Life (GA) on Thursday, and finish up the week hosting Cumberland (TN) on Saturday.
- Cumberlands (KY) – Won 80-69 @ Cumberland (TN) on Thursday. They actually found themselves down 5 at halftime before a dominant 2nd half defensive effort held Cumberland (TN) to just 27 points. Caleb Taylor dominated the paint and glass as he finished with a game high 23 points, and 14 rebounds. In Saturday’s game, Cumberlands strung together two big halves, and ran away from Life 82-43. Jahi Hinson came off the bench to score a game high 21 points. Cumberlands hits the road for two games this week, as they are at Campbellsville on Thursday, and then end the week at Lindsey Wilson.
- Shawnee State – On Monday they lost to #1 Georgetown 60-67. Shawnee came storming back from a 12 point 2nd half deficit to tie the game at 60 with 1:12 left. They had the ball twice with chances to take a lead, but came up empty on those possessions and eventually lost 67-60. They traveled to #19 Lindsey Wilson on Thursday, and got a nice 95-59 bounce back win. Justin Johnson was impressive off the bench as he scored 19 points. Shawnee finished the week off by traveling to Campbellsville and got a 86-57 win. Two very impressive wins by Shawnee who have now won 8 of their last 9 games. They will travel to #4 Pikeville on Thursday for their only game this week.
- Campbellsville – The Tigers traveled to Life (GA) on Monday and left with a 69-49 win. They only gave up 15 points in the 1st half, and rode a 21 point halftime lead to the win. The Tigers put 5 guys in double figures, led by Alston Davis with 19pts off the bench. On Thursday they got a BIG 72-66 home win against #4 Pikeville. Campbellsville used an 11-1 run with 7 minutes left in the game to pull out the victory. Taiveyhon Mason came up big in the win with 22 points, 8 assists, and 6 rebounds. They couldn’t carry the momentum into Saturday though as they lost to a hot Shawnee State team 57-86. The Tigers really struggled to score in the 1st half and found themselves down 54-21 at the break. They did outscore Shawnee in the 2H, but were unable to overcome the big first half deficit. Campbellsville hosts Cumberlands (KY) on Thursday evening.
- #4 Pikeville – After suffering their first loss of the season the week before to #1 Georgetown, the Bears were able to come through with a 68-64 home win over Thomas More. A game that was close throughout the entire game, saw Pikeville close out the victory behind a 20 point performance from Jordan Perry. UPike hit the road on Thursday, and lost to Campbellsville (KY) 72-67, in another game that was close the entire way. The Bears got 17 points from Jordan Perry. To close the week, UPike was once again on the road, as they traveled to#19 Lindsey Wilson. Lindsey Wilson was red hot from the 3 point line and beat the Bears 80-69. UPike actually led for much of this game, but Lindsey Wilson used a big run late in the 2nd half to tie the game, and then finished on a 10-3 run, to pull out the 11 point win. Jordan Perry once again led UPike in scoring with 14 points. UPike hosts a very good Shawnee State team on Thursday.
- #19 Lindsey Wilson – Lindsey Wilson dropped their 2nd straight contest on Monday, as they lost at Cumberland (TN) 60-63. The Blue Raiders were cold from the 3 point line, finishing the game 8-24. Reece Brooks paced the Blue Raiders with 18 points. On Thursday, the Blue Raiders struggles continued as they dropped their 3rd straight game, losing to Shawnee St. 95-59. A 2nd half offensive slump saw the Blue Raiders unable to keep pace with a good Shawnee squad. Reece Brooks finished the game with 15 points and 7 assists. After a three game slide, Lindsey Wilson returned home to face #4 Pikeville. Lindsey trailed for a big part of the game, but Reece Brooks scored 18 of his game high 28 points in the 2nd half to help propel the Blue Raiders to a much needed win. Lindsey is off until Saturday, when they will host Cumberlands (KY).
- Cumberland (TN) – The Phoenix started off the week with a win over #19 Lindsey Wilson. Jalen Duke finished with 20 points, while DeMari Davis had 6 points and 14 rebounds. On Saturday, Cumberland hosted Cumberlands (Ky) and lost 80-69. They held a 5 point lead at the half, before a very sluggish offensive performance saw them get outscored by 16 in the 2nd half. DeMari Davis scored 22 points and grabbed 7 rebounds in the loss. Cumberland travels to Thomas More on Thursday, and then head to #1 Georgetown on Saturday.
- Life- Coming off of a nice win the week before over #19 Lindsey Wilson, Life ended up dropping both games this past week as their offensive struggles continue to build. In the 49-69 home loss to Campbellsville (KY), Life actually outscored Campbellsville in the 2nd half, but they only scored 15 1st half points to fall behind big at half. Jeremy Joyner put forth a 16 point, 12 rebound performance. Life finished the week with a 43-82 loss to Cumberlands (Ky). They shot just 7.7% from the 3 point line in the game, and only shot 37.8% for the entire game from the field. Alex Bean led the way with 13 points and 6 rebounds. Life will host #1 Georgetown on Thursday, and wind op the week with a home contest against Thomas More on Saturday.
- RV Thomas More – Thomas More lost a close one, 64-68, at #4 Pikeville on Monday. The Saints came storming back late in the 2nd Half, after a UPike 12-2 run with 6 minutes left, gave UPike a 12 point advantage. Thomas More got 20 points from both Reid Jolly and Garren Bertsch. The week didn’t get any easier, as they hosted #1 Georgetown on Thursday. They lost 74-61, after falling down 12 points at the half. Ryan Battle led the Saints with a 16 point, 7 rebound outing. Thomas More hosts Cumberland (Tn) on Thursday, and then hits the road to face Life on Saturday.
- Georgetown – Continue to look like a National Champion contender.
- Shawnee State – Big one this week against Pikeville, but Shawnee has been very impressive lately.
- Pikeville – Playing without their 3rd leading scorer, and haven’t played well since coming back from break, losing 3x in last 4 games. Kelly Wells and staff will get things figured out, and UPike will be a force come March.
- RV Cumberlands (KY) – Good enough to be higher, but still need to see the prove it against the upper tier teams in the league.
- Campebllsville – Are a talented group, but inconsistent.
- Lindsey Wilson – Had lost 3 straight coming back from break, before beating #4 Upike
- Thomas More – Have lost 3 straight games coming back from break, but all 3 were to the top teams in the league.
- Cumberland (TN) – Too many losses to be higher, but do have a nice home win over Lindsey Wilson
- Life – A team that showed a lot of promise early, but is fading fast.
GAMES OF THE WEEK
Thursday, January 16th
Shawnee State @ Pikeville 8:00 PM ET
Saturday, January 18th
Cumberlands (KY) @ Lindsey Wilson 5:00 PM ET
Follow us on Social Media