- #2 Indiana Wesleyan (15-3)(5-1)- The Wildcats started the week with a 95-67 win at Goshen to avenge last years road loss to the Maple Leaf’s. IWU quickly turned north as they took on #15 Spring Arbor. Greg Tonagel’s squad would complete the sweep with a 93-68 win in Michigan. The Wildcats have continued to be led by junior standout Kyle Mangas who combined for 56 points in this weeks slate. Grad Transfer Tanner Rubio has also stepped up his production combining for 26 and 7 on the week.
- #4 Mt. Vernon (16-2)(4-2)– The Cougars were down this week as they split a pair 1-1. MVNU opened the week squeaking a 88-82 overtime win out at Huntington. Jared Ronai’s squad would drop the back half to a hot Taylor team losing 81-70 on the road. The Cougars struggled to shoot the ball against the Trojans shooting just 40% from the field and 32% from distance.
- #8 Marian (13-4)(4-2)- The Knights split a set of games this week as they have seen their once surging offense hit turbulence in conference. MU opened the week dropping a close game at Spring Arbor 67-65. Scott Heady’s club finished the week with an 11 point win at Goshen. The Knights continue to search for a new offensive flow as they adjust to the departure of Sterling Brown.
- #9 Bethel (16-2)(4-2)– The Pilots were stunned at home against rival Grace to begin the week dropping the contest 95-100. BU quickly got back on track with a 26 point road win at Huntington to close the week. First Year Head Coach Steve Drabyn’s squad continues to rely heavily on TreVion Crews and Grant Gelon to score in bunches.
- #15 Spring Arbor (11-7)(2-4)- The defending National Champs got back on track, after dropping a game to Taylor last week, with a one point win over Marian. Although the Cougars would drop the back half against rival Indiana Wesleyan 68-93. SAU continues to search for more from Branden Durnell as he returns from injury and hopes to help his team get back on track.
- #17 Saint Francis (14-4)(3-3)- The Cougars were tested this week as they would split a pair to unranked teams. USF trailed most of the game against Taylor but found a way to pull out a 3-point win on the road. Chad LaCrosse’s team wasn’t as lucky Saturday as they would fall in overtime to Grace at Home.
- Grace (13-5)(5-1)- The Lancers proved this week to be one of the nations best, knocking off a pair of top 20 opponents. GC scored their biggest win of the year against #9 Bethel with a 100-95 win to start off the week right. First Year Coach Scott Moore’s team didn’t stop their as they went into Fort Wayne and knocked off #17 Saint Francis 77-76 in overtime to cap off the week.
- Taylor (10-8)(2-4)– The Trojans split a pair of top 20 matchups this week while flexing their defensive strength. TU started the week with a heartbreaking 71-68 loss to #17 Saint Francis after a back and forth game. Josh Andrew’s squad responded by knocking off #4 Mount Vernon 81-70 in a game where they led by 19 late in the second half. The Trojans have showed they can defend anyone holding All-American Jevon Knox to a 3-12 effort and Saint Francis standouts Hunter Hollowell and Antwann Cushingberry to a combined 0-10 effort.
- Huntington (9-9)(1-5)- The Foresters struggled this week going 0-2 against a pair of top 10 opponents. HU showed great fight but against #4 Mount Vernon as they pushed the game to overtime but the Cougars were too much as they bulled away in the extra period. The week only got tougher from there as Ty Platt’s squad fell to Bethel 87-61.
- Goshen (4-14)(0-6)- The Maple Leafs faced a tough test hosting a pair of top 10 teams this week. Jon Tropf’s squad was able to show some fight but would end up losing by 28 to Indiana Wesleyan and Marian pulling away late by a final score of 92-81.
- Indiana Wesleyan – The Wildcats continue to show their dominance but will face a test in a hot rivalry game this week in a Taylor team that gave them fits last year. Look for IWU to stay at #2 or possibly even rise to #1 in this weeks poll.
- Bethel– The Pilots faced a tough blow in a loss to Grace this week but look for them to rise 2-3 spots in the polls this week.
- Mount Vernon – Mount Vernon has been tough all year long but faced its second league loss to an unranked Taylor Squad dropping them in our Power Rankings. Look for the Cougars to slide 1-3 spots in this weeks poll.
- Marian – Marian has been able to win close game as of late but does drop one to a #15 Spring Arbor. Look to see MU stay steady or possibly drop a spot or two this week.
- Grace– The Lancers caught fire this week with a pair of top 20 wins lifting them in our rankings. GC has most likely done enough to earn them a top 25 ranking and at very least votes.
- Saint Francis (IN) – The Cougars had a tough week as they were able to pull a close one out to a hot Taylor team but would fall to a surging Grace squad dropping them in our rankings based on head to head match ups. Look for the cougars to stay at #17 or slide out of the top 20 this week.
- T7th Spring Arbor– The Cougars got a top 10 win against #8 Marian this week with a 67-65 decision but would fall against #2 Indiana Wesleyan. SAU may receive some conflicting feedback resulting in either a slight rise or slight fall in ranking but should still be within the 20-10 range in the polls.
- T7th Taylor– The Trojans continued their momentum over from last week as they dropped a 3 point decision to #17 Saint Francis and pulled out the 11 point upset of #4 Mount Vernon. Look for TU to sneak out a few votes in this weeks poll but will need to keep their winning ways to gain more recognition
- Huntington – The Foresters showed some life pushing overtime against MVNU but would end up dropping both games of the week. It is unlikely HU will receive any national attention in the polls.
- Goshen – GC continues to struggle but have show great improvement recently. The Maple Leaf’s will not be mentioned in the upcoming poll.
*There is a possibility we could see 8 of the leagues 10 members be mentioned in the upcoming poll this week as 7 of the top 8 leagues teams have at least one top 10 win. Saint Francis being the odd team out will remain in, having proven themselves throughout the year.
GAMES TO WATCH THIS WEEK
17 Saint Francis @ 4 Mount Vernon – January 14th at 7:00 PM
15 Spring Arbor @ Grace – January 14th at 7:00 PM
8 Marian @ 9 Bethel – January 14th at 7:00 PM
Taylor @ 2 Indiana Wesleyan – January 18th at 3:00 PM
15 Spring Arbor @ 17 Saint Francis – January 18th at 3:00 PM
Grace @ 4 Mount Vernon – January 18th at 3:00 PM
Follow us on Social Media