Here is the 3rd regular season installment of the NAIA Hoops Report DII Top 25. This one was the hardest one yet, as there was so much that has happened in the last month since the last poll. There are still about 30 teams that are deserving of a Top 25 spot, but through our process, these are the current 25 teams we settled on.
|1||Morningside (Iowa) |
– Undefeated and continue to look impressive. All-Americans Tyler Borchers and Zach Imig continue to be the backbone of the most consistent team in NAIA.
|2||Olivet Nazarene (Ill.) |
– A team who has been as consistent as anyone in the country. Nic Reed will go down as one of, if not THE best player in program history, and continues to add to his career points, and rebounding totals. ONU has the make up of a Final Four team.
|3||College of Idaho |
– 9 wins in a row, with a sweep of a big road trip against #4 Oregon Tech, and #24 Southern Oregon mixed in. CoI gets the luxery of having 5 straight home games now, and looks every bit of a team who can make a big tournament run.
|4||Oregon Tech |
– Seth Erickson and Mitchell Fink are as good of a duo as there is in NAIA. After back to back losses against Northwest, and #3 College of Idaho, the Owls have gotten back to their winning ways, and will look to get a big win this week against #24 Southern Oregon.
|5||Indiana Wesleyan |
– Player of the Year candidate Kyle Mangas is on an absolute terror as of late. He is averaging 27.12 ppg, and IWU has won 4 straight since Christmas.
|6||Mount Vernon Nazarene (Ohio) |
– Coming off a loss to Taylor, MVNU is still one of the best teams in the country. All-American Jevon Knox leads the team with 20.6ppg.
|7||Ottawa (Kan.) |
– I am not sure how many All-Americans there have been who have come off the bench for their team, but Darryl Bowie is fun to watch and leads Ottawa with 17.8ppg. Big week this week, as they play 3 teams near the top of the KCAC with them.
|8||Washington Adventist (Md.) |
– 2 NCAA D1 wins, and winners of 6 straight has WAU as a Top 10 team. Xavier Sewell leads the team in nearly every category this year, and The Shock added D1 transfer Mastadi Pitt at break.
|9||Bethel (Ind.) |
– 1st year head coach Steve Drabyn has his Bethel team just 1 game back in the Crossroads League. TreVion Crews and Grant Gelon have been quite the dynamic duo together this season.
|10||Dakota Wesleyan (S.D.) |
– Have won 7 of last 9 games, even though they have now lost a couple guys for the year. DWU still has a lot of fire power, and can still be a Top 10 team.
|11||Antelope Valley (Calif.) |
– Antelope Valley has really been impressive this season. They have won 9 of their last 10 games, with that lone loss being against NAIA DI Top 10 team Westmont. They did knock off the current NAIA DI #2 The Master’s at home in that stretch. Ronnie Rousseau III leads UAV with 19.85ppg.
|12||Marian (Ind.) |
– Marian has won 6 of their last 7 games. The Knights sit a game back in the Crossroads league with a BIG game this week with #9 Bethel (IN). Cameron Wolter leads the Knights with 17.13ppg.
|13||Lourdes (Ohio) |
– Lourdes had their 12 game win streak snapped this weekend in a loss to Rochester. Clif Snow continues to be really impressive this season as he leads Lourdes with 18.9ppg.
|14||Mount Marty (S.D.) |
– A tough and scrappy group who have won 9 of their last 11 games, including a win at the Corn Palace against #10 Dakota Wesleyan. Todd Lorensen has done a great job in year one with this group.
|15||Keiser University (Fla.) |
– Keiser has won 13 of 15 games, and are led by one of the best players in NAIA DII, Mark Gordon. Gordon is averaging 27.9ppg, and has had some of his biggest games against the best teams on their schedule.
|16||Southeastern (Fla.) |
– A Fire squad who is coming of a big win against #15 Keiser. Blake Morrow leads the Fire with 20.9ppg, and Jeremy Oppenheimer has also been impressive, and aveages Southeastern with 16.8ppg.
|17||Grace (Ind.) |
– A Grace team who, after back to back Top 25 road wins, gets the respect that they have earned. 1st year Head Coach, Scott Moore has his team playing some great basketball right now.
|18||St. Francis (Ind.) |
– A team who became victim of #17 Grace this past weekend, is still a very tough group out in the Crossroads. They use a balanced attack to beat teams, but are currently led by Antwaan Cushingberry with 11.1ppg.
|19||Madonna (Mich.) |
– Now winners of 7 straight, with a OT win against #5 Indiana Wesleyan mixed into their current win streak. This is a really good group, who we can’t believe fell out of the official Top 25 before break.
|20||Dordt (Iowa) |
– Winners of 11 of their last 13 games, Dordt has been putting together a good season in the very tough Great Plains Athletic Conference. Big week ahead though as they play #1 Morningside, and #10 Dakota Wesleyan.
|21||IU Kokomo (Ind.) |
– Kokomo has won 8 of their last 10 games. Trequan Spivey has been great all year and leads the Cougars with 17.2ppg.
|22||Oklahoma Wesleyan |
– The top part of the KCAC is starting to take shape, and Oklahoma Wesleyan has won 11 of their last 13 games, to climb into 2nd place in the confernce. They are led by Brooks Haddock with 18.5ppg.
|23||Bethel (Ks) |
– A team who has struggled coming back from break, but hangs on to a Top 25 spot. The KCAC is never easy, but having watched them a few times now, they are worthy of a Top 25 bid for now.
|24||Southern Oregon |
– Winners of 7 of their last 8 games. Southern Oregon is a team who could definitely be higher, but we would love to see them more against the top tier teams in the Cascade.
|25||Union (Ky) |
– These last few spots of the rankings were as tough as you get. However Union has now won 6 straight, and 13 of their last 15 to get the nod at 25. Ronnie Carson averages 18.3ppg to lead Union in scoring.