NAIA Morning Bullet Points: Mid-South Monday, Weekly Reviews and More…
- Good Morning NAIA Hoops Nation!! Welcome to all of our new followers. We only had seven games on yesterday’s slate, so today’s rundown will focus primarily on those.
- DI Game Reacaps:
- #1 Georgetown 67 – Shawnee State 60
- Georgetown hit the road for the first time all season last night, to a place where they tend to not play well. The Tigers got out to an early 28-13 lead in the 1st half, before Shawnee went on a 15-0 run to end the half. All squared at 28, Georgetown once again came out of the half strong, and built a 12 point lead. They maintained that lead for most of the 2nd half, before Shawnee once again went on a run, to tie the game. Georgetown was able to sustain the run, and make enough FT’s down the stretch to keep Shawnee at bay. Georgetown used a balance attack in the win, as they put 4 guys in double figures. Coffey (16pts, 11reb), Conway (15pts), Jones (14pts), and Ohmar (14pts). Game Recap|Box Score
- RV Thomas More 64 – #4 Pikeville 64
- Pikeville lost their first game of the year on Saturday, so they needed a bounce back win at home last night, and got it. This game was very similar to the Georgetown/Shawnee game. This game too, was tied at 28 points at half time, and UPIKE saw its lead grow to 12 points in the 2nd half, before Thomas More went on a late run. However, UPIKE made big FT’s down the stretch to hold off the pesky Saints. Game Recap|Box Score
- Campbellsville (KY) 69 – Life (GA) 49
- I’m not even sure what to think about Life any more. They played well on Saturday, and I thought, after a rough 1st semester, that we had seen them turn a corner over break. Campbellsville had other plans though, as they jumped Life early and held Life to just 23% shooting in the 1st half. That paired with a 22-3 run, had them up 36-15 at halftime. Life did play a much better 2nd half, actually outscoring Campbellsville 34-33, but the 1st half damage proved too much to overcome, and Campbellsville got the 20 point win. Alston Davis came off the bench to score a game high 19 points in the win. Game Recap|Box Score
- #19 Lindsey Wilson 60 – Cumberland U. (TN) 63
- The upset of the night in the Mid-South goes to Cumberland (TN) as they knock off #19 Lindsey Wilson. This was a great game, as both teams went back and forth. Jalen Duke put Cumberland on his back though with a GREAT 2nd half, but it was the Freshman, TJ Stargell who iced the game late from the FT line. #19 Lindsey Wilson have now dropped back to back league games coming out of the Christmas break. Game Recap|Box Score
- We are always looking for people who want to cover leagues, so if you think you can keep up with the action, feel free to send us a message.
- We actually picked up two more leagues this week, and a possible third. All three are from NAIA DI leagues. As we continue to grow in our first season of coverage, we plan to make sure we have reviews for every league by the start of next season!
Follow us on Social Media