NAIA Morning Bullet Ponts: 2 NCAA D2 Wins, New 1K Club Member, and Game Recaps
- Good Morning NAIA Hoops Nation!! We have some early games today, so the Schedule and Links to Watch segment will be out before 11:00am CT today for those of you who use it to watch games.
- We had a couple nice NCAA D2 wins by NAIA programs last night:
- William Jessup (CA) knocked off NCAA D2 Flagler (FL) 77-74 on a last second 3.
- Avila (MO) also knocked off NCAA D2 Rockhurst (KS) last night 80-78 on a basket with .5 seconds left.
- We also had another player join the 1k Club! Congrats to Andrew Hamm of Southwestern (KS) on joining the 1,000 point club!
- Jahmouri Robinson of Missouri Baptist broke the schools career assist record with 368 assists. Congratulations Jahmouri!
- #6 LSU-Shrevport 90 – #16 Tougaloo 88
- I admittedly turned it off with a couple minutes left and LSU-S up 12, but Tougaloo obviously made a huge late run to make this a game. Still a big road win by LSU-S to snap Tougaloo’s home win streak. When they are clicking they are as good as anyone in the country. Especially since they have one of the best players in the country in Tra’Quan Knight, who finished with 31 points to lead the Pilots to the victory. Game Recap|Box Score
- #12 Washington Adventist (MD) 89 – Walla Walla (WA) 75
- A nice West Coast trip saw Coach Crarey get his 150th and 151st career wins, as his WAU squad picked up to wins out in California.
- St Andrews (NC) 82 – Reinhardt (GA) 63
- In the only conference game of the evening, St Andrews hit 14 3’s to get the Appalachian Athletic Conference win. Isaac Clay had a game high 27 points in the win. Game Recap|Box Score
- Cactus Classic: NAIA DI #23 Carroll 90 – NAIA DII BenU-Mesa 72
- Carroll used a balanced attack, and pounded the paint in their 90-72 win out in Arizona. Dane Warp scored 13 points, while Dennis Flowers had 12 points and 8 steals in the win. Game Recap|Box Score
Follow us on Social Media