NAIA Morning Bullet Points: Weekend Review, 150 Wins, and More
- Good Morning NAIA Hoops Nation!! I appreciate everyone letting me have the day off yesterday. Between Church, the weather in the Metro, and a project I have to present at my real job this week, I didn’t get accomplished on the site what I wanted.
- A quick run down of things that happened this weekend.
- DI Notes:
- Culver-Stockton (MO) had a big time performance from Mason Vires in their road win against Graceland (IA). In the win Thaddeus Newby scored his 1,000th career point. RECAP
- We have talked about the great matchups out in the Cactus Classic. However, NAIA DI #7 Providence (MT) is proving they are a National Title contender as they handled a very good NAIA DII #8 Marian squad 91-74. Game Recap|Box Score
- It was a much lower scoring affair then we were expecting here at NAIA Hoops Report, but another thriller between #8 Loyola (LA) and #14 Xavier (LA). Game Recap|Box Score
- A BIG win by Crowley’s Ridge this past weekend as they knocked off #10 and previously unbeaten John Brown. Kyle Moore led Crowley’s Ridge to the victory with a game high 24 points. Game Recap|Box Score
- DII Notes:
- Warner (FL) didn’t care for the raters knocking them out of the rankings last week and answered the call nicely as they got a really nice win over #17 Saint Francis (IN). Joshua Rathell led the way with 17 points in the win. Game Recap|Box Score
- Maddonna (MI) also took out their frustrations of dropping out of the Top 25 this week, as they knocked off #24 Cornerstone (MI). All-American Dwight Burton led the way with 24 points in the win. Game Recap|Box Score
- #6 Olivet-Nazarene (IL) got a big time conference road win against #16 Saint Ambrose (IA). In the win, Nic Reed surpassed the 2600 career points mark. If ONU can make a run at nationals Nic will have a chance to flirt with 3,000 total career points. Game Recap|Box Score
- The Cactus Classic had another great showdown between NAIA DII #4 Mount Vernon Nazarene (OH) and NAIA DI #23 Carroll (MT). It was quite the defensive battle, but MVNU wound up with the 63-51 win. Game Recap|Box Score
- BIG Congrats to Coach Crarey from #12 Washington Adventist who took his team to the West Coast, and to his Alma Mater, last night and picked up his 150th career coaching win.
- I encourage all of you NAIA DII fans, if you aren’t already, to go subscribe to the Cascade Hoops Talk Daily. Our friend Billy Dee does a great job of bringing awareness and coverage of NAIA DII Hoops.
Follow us on Social Media