NAIA Morning Bullet Points: Game Recaps, 200 Wins, Cactus Classic
- Good Morning NAIA Hoops Nation! Now that finals week is over for most, we jump into a very busy Saturday. There are some great conference games, classic mathups, and non-conference games so be sure to check us out later on what games made our our “circled games” list for today!
- A quick recap of our circled games from yesterday”
- #24 Talladega (AL) 81 – RV Faulkner (AL) 79
- This was a great game for the entire 40 minutes. Both teams answered runs by the other, and the game was back and forth the entire way. Morris Dunnigan hit a jumper with 2 seconds left to win the game for Dega. I’ll say it again, both of these teams are underrated a bit in my opinion, and both could find their way to Kansas City come March. Recap|Box Score
- #17 Saint Francis (IN) 83 – Southeastern (FL) 72 OT
- Saint Francis got a good road win in another afternoon thriller. The Cougars actually got out to a hot start building a 15 points lead in the first half. However, Southeastern was able to finish the half on a 12-2 run to close the gap. The 2nd half was a close battle throughout, and 40 minutes proved to not be enough for this one as the game headed to OT. Saint Francis controlled the OT though behind 8 OT points from Antwaan Cushingberry. Full Recap|Box Score
- #3 Mid-America Christian 98 – Science and Arts 86
- MACU found themselves down big early, but battled back for a nice conference road win. I would love to say the game was fun to watch, but honestly there were 64 FT’s shot in the game. Most of which came in the 2nd half. The fouls and FT’s kind of took away from what was an intense game early. Ashford Golden continues to play like an All-American as he finished with 39 points and 11 rebounds in the win. Recap|Box Score
- A big congratulations to Asbury Head Coach Will Shouse on his 200th win last night!!
- Another great NAIA Classic Tips off today, as the Cactus Classic gets started down in Arizona. There are some great matchups each and every day of the event. Still hoping that there will be some video of the games, but to read more on the event you can check out our Cactus Classic Preview.
Follow us on Social Media