NAIA Morning Bullet Points: Game Recaps
- Good Morning NAIA Hoops Nation!!! At one point last night we had the NAIA DII #1 and #10 teams both trailing in the 2nd half, at home. Both would go on to win, but it made for an exciting night.
- That brings us to our Game Recaps from the games we had circled last night. Starting in NAIA DI:
- #19 Dalton State (GA) 71 – RV Life (GA) 61
- #19 Dalton State got a really good in-state road win against Life University. Six of their nine wins now have come on the road or on a neutral floor. They used a strong 1st Half last night, to open a 10 point lead at intermission. Dalton State came out of the half on a terror as well, as they would push the lead to 18 points. Life mad a run to get it back down to 10, but the momentum couldn’t carry them any further. Life has now lost 3 games in a row after starting the year 9-0. Kevon Tucker led the way for Dalton State with a game high 31 points. You can read more HERE. Box Score
- NAIA DII Game Recaps:
- Grace (IN) 77 – Holy Cross (IN) 65
- Holy Cross is one of the better defensive teams in NAIA DII, and the 1st half lived up to that as Grace was up 32-28 in a low scoring half. However, a 45 point 2nd Half propelled them to their 4th straight win. Charlie Warner led 4 Grace players in double figures with 18 points. Full Story. Box Score
- Southwestern (KS) 86 – York (NE) 73
- Southwestern looked to be down and out after starting the conference season 0-4, but since then they have rallied to win 4 straight league games to move to 4-4 in the KCAC. Their game last night kind of reflected their conference season, as they started the game off down 11 points before going on a 40-14 run to go up 51-36 at half time. That burst was enough for them to hold off a York team who was tied for 2nd place headed into the night. Andrew Hamm led the way for Southwestern with a game high 25 points. Full Story. Box Score
- #1 Morningside 72 – Concordia (NE) 71
- When you’re the #1 team in the country you get everyone’s best shot. Add in the fact that Concordia was just a 2 loss team, and is 22nd in the country in made 3’s, and we thought this may be a pretty good game! That pretty good game, turned out to be a great game, as Concorida led the #1 team in the land for a majority of the game. It was a back and forth affair for the last 10 minutes of the game before a Brevin Sloup jumper gave Concordia a 71-70 lead with 1:19 to go. The two teams traded empty possessions, before Alex Brochers was fouled with 9 seconds left, and made both FT’s to take a 72-71 lead. Here is the exciting last possession for Concordia.
- #1 Morningside survived the scare. Tyler Brochers poured in a game high 28 points and secured 10 rebounds for the double double in the win. Full Story. Box Score
- It’s a smaller slate of games again tonight, but the Red River Athletic Conference is in action, and has a few intriguing games for tonight!
Follow us on Social Media