NAIA Morning Bullet Points: Game Recaps, 1k Club, 250 Coaching Wins
- Good Morning NAIA Hoops Nation!! With this edition of the NAIA Morning Bullet Points, we will recap a few of the games from yesterday, as well as hit up some important items that happened over the weekend. If you’re a student-athlete reading this, thank you, but now get back to studying for those finals!!
- With a smaller slate last night, we only had 3 games circled. The only NAIA DI Game was William Carey (MS) vs Southern Univ-New Orleans.
- William Carey 60 – SUNO 58
- We had an exciting one in Hattiesburg, MS last night, as SUNO hit a FT with 8 seconds left to go up 1, but Rodney Mallet’s 3 pointer with 2 seconds left, gave William Carey the win. Brandon Cranford led the way with a game high 18 points in the win. We may be crazy, but SUNO is one of the toughest 2-8 teams in the country. They have been in almost every single game this season, including a 4 point loss to NCAA D1 Southeastern (LA). BOX SCORE
- Our NAIA DII Games we had circled for last night:
- Rochester (MI) 85 – IU East 78
- This IU East squad has proven they can be dangerous when they want to be. This game kind of was their season all mixed into one game. They were down 11 at half, and as much as 13 early in 2nd half, before going on a HUGE run to go up 10 halfway through the 2nd half. From there they would only score 15 points over the last 10 minutes of the game to lose 85-78. Full Story Box Score
- Jamestown (ND) 101 – Dickinson State (ND) 89
- Jamestown got off to a hot start and led 60-48 at half time, but that proved to be enough as they rode the hot hand of Isaiah Dobson’s 42 point performance. The GPAC is really deep, and really good this year, but Jamestown is a team that will be right there in the end. Full Story Box Score
- A couple of milestones that happened over the weekend:
- Congrats to Jorden Thornton on scoring his 1,000 career point this past weekend!!
- Congratulations to Southwestern (KS) Head Coach Matt O’Brien on career win #250
Follow us on Social Media