NAIA Morning Bullet Points: Game Recaps,
- In case you missed any of last nights action, you missed a pretty boring night! Buzzer beaters, overtimes, great finishes, and big time performances all made for a GREAT night of NAIA hoops!!!
- The Crossroads League gave us some of the best games of the night. We already knew it was a tough league, but with three Top 25 matchups making up the conference slate, we were expecting some great basketball, and it didn’t disappoint.
- #3 Indiana Wesleyan visisted #15 Saint Francis (IN) last night. Tied at 35 at halftime, the 2nd half was just as good, as the two teams battled for a full 40 minutes. Indiana Wesleyan found themselves down 72-73 on their last possession when this happened
- It was actually a great defensive possession from USF, but didn’t secure the miss, and well Kyle Mangas does Kyle Mangas type things to secure a big road win for Indiana Wesleyan. Mangas finished the night with a game high 28 points, and team high 9 rebounds in the win. Antwaan Cushingberry led St. Francis with 16 points.
- #19 Bethel (IN) kept their perfect season in tact with a BIG 91-89 road win against defending National Champions Spring Arbor (MI). The finish of this game wasn’t short on excitement either.
- Trevion Crews is giving his best effort to dethrone Kyle Mangas as the CL Player of the Year as he finishes with 39 points, 6 rebounds, and 5 assists in the win. Defending National Tournament MVP, Paul Marandet finished with 28 points, and 5 assists for Spring Arbor.
- The final Top 25 matchup in the Crossroads league saw #10 Marian (IN) defend it’s home court by knocking off #4 Mt Vernon Nazarene (OH) 88-85. It was another thriller, as the league should continue to be night in and night out. All-American Jevon Knox finished with 31 for Mount Vernon Nazarene, while Nick Rogers led Marian with 24 points and 6 assists.
- A great OT scoring fest happened in the River States League, as Brescia defeated Asbury 112-111.
- To cap off the night, Carroll (MT) erased a 5 point deficit with 29 seconds left to force OT, where they would go on to win 82-78.
- There were so many more great games over the course of the night. You can find all of last nights finals, and box scores HERE.
Follow us on Social Media