NAIA Morning Bullet Points: KCAC/Heart Run Down, and More..
- The KCAC and Heart of America got the week started for us last night. Both leagues have THREE conference games this week, so it will be a really fun week to see how teams fair.
- In the KCAC the game of the night saw #12 Ottawa (KS) take down #22 Bethel (KS). Ottawa actually controlled the game throughout as they were up 21 points in the 1st half. Bethel did make a furious comeback in the 2nd half, but came up just short. Darryl Bowie continues to lead Ottawa off the bench, as he poured in a game high 24 points. Garrett White led Bethel, sharing in game high honors, with 24 points.
- With 4 teams tied at 4-1 in conference play, and 4 others just 1 game back, it will be interesting to see how the KCAC shakes out headed into the Holiday break.
- Here is a look at all the KCAC scores from last night:
- The Heart of America Athletic Conference kicked off the week with some big games as well. Coming into the night we had 2 games circled on the docket, MidAmerica Nazarene (KS) @ Peru State (NE), and #6 William Penn (IA) @ Clarke (IA). These two games featured 4 of the Heart’s Preseason Poll’s Top 6 projected teams.
- Peru St. is still trying to figure out the first half of games as they once again found themselves down at half time. A huge 2nd half propelled them to a 79-64 win though. They put 4 guys in double figures with Issac Simpson leading the way with 18 points. Kendrick Robinson also had a big night for the Bobcats as he had 17 points, to go along with 11 rebounds, 5 assists, and 3 steals. Stud Freshman Anthony Brown once again led MidAmerica with 24 points.
- Clarke can be a tough place to play, and we knew they would be ready to play against #6 William Penn. They got off to a 10-0 start, but still found themselves down 40-35 at half. Then, William Penn did what William Penn does really well, they put up 59 points in the 2nd half to run away with a 99-84 road win. Kamari Newman was red hot for the Statesmen as he had a 32 point night while shooting 7-10 from 3. The Statesmen as a team, were 16 of 36 from 3. Nick Marshall led the way for Clarke as he scored 25 points, and had 9 rebounds.
- Graceland (IA) is starting to look like a team to be reckoned with in the Heart. In their last three games they have an 18 point road win at Central Methodist (MO), a 30 point home win vs Mount Mercy (IA), and last night they ran away with a 35 point home win vs Culver-Stockton (MO). They travel to William Penn on Thursday in a game that should be really, really good.
- Here is a full list of scores from last nights Heart of America action:
- There was only one Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference game last night. Holy Cross (IN) defeated Trinity International (IL) 89-66. Parker Sims led Holy Cross with 20 points.
- Pretty big week from one of the most electrifying guards in the country, TreVion Crews. TreVion was named the Crossroads League POW, NCCAA POW, and NAIA National Player of the Week.
- #19 Bethel (IN) will need another big performance from him tonight as they travel to take on the NAIA DII Defending National Champs #7 Spring Arbor (MI) in a Crossroads League matchup.
Follow us on Social Media