By Jake Pommerer
- The 22nd ranked Bellevue Bruins went 1-1 this week. The Bruins dropped their first game this week to 24th ranked St Francis (Ind) 80-62. Jemeil King continues to fill the stat sheet he led the Bruins with 21 points, eight points, and six assists. The Bruins grabbed a win over Calumet St Joseph 79-65 King again led the Bruins with 21 points. The Bruins have a tough test next week when they take on 4th ranked Morningside and Midland. The Bruins are 5-4 overall.
- RV Dickinson Sate went 1-2 this week. The Bluehawks got their first win of the season with a win over Yellowstone Christian 84-69 Kenny Jackson led the way with 17 points The Bluehawks dropped both their contests in Montana 98-94 to Providence and 103-68 to Montana State-Northern. Dickinson State is back in action next week against Northwestern and Dordt. The Bluehawks are 1-6 overall.
- Mayville State was idle this week. The Comets will have one game this week against Minnesota Morris. Mayville State is currently 5-2
- Valley City State University was idle last week. The Vikings return to action this week by taking part in the Battle of the Beach Tournament. In the first round the Vikings will face off with NAIA D1 perennial powerhouse LSU-Alexandria. The blog will have a preview of the entire tournament out later this week. VCSU is currently 0-7.
- Waldorf was idle this week. Their next contest will be their conference opener. The Warriors are currently 1-7
- Dakota State went 1-1 at their weekend classic. The Trojans picked up a win over Oak Hills 98-47, Carson Rentz led the way with 17 points. Dakota State dropped their contest to Doane 82-57 Josh McGreal had 23 points in the loss. Dakota State is idle this week their next game will be their conference opener. The Trojans are currently 3-8.
- Viterbo went 1-1 at their weekend classic. Viterbo picked up a nice win over Calumet St Joseph 91-72 Robert Cunitz with 23 points. 24th ranked St Francis defeated the Vhawks 81-65. Tyree Young led Viterbo with 23 points and 8 boards. Viterbo wil play NCAA D2 Winona State in what I think will be an exhibition. Viterbo is currently 3-6.
- Presentation College went 1-1 on the week. The Saints fell to Doane 109-64. Elijah Coleman had 16 points for the Saints. PC picked up a win over Oak Hills 116-49 Jerimiah Jacques had 32 points. PC takes on SD Mines and Chardon State. The Saints are 2-8.
- 1. Bellevue- had a big win over Wayland Baptist two weeks ago. Cemented their spot on top heading into conference play.
- 2. Mayville State-Very good team need one or two big wins.
- 3. Viterbo- A team that’s continuing to improve.
- 4. Dickinson State-Lots of talent needs to translate into some more wins
- T5. Waldorf- Need to be ready to go in conference play, they do have the talent to compete.
- T5. Dakota State-Tough loss to Doane
- T5. Presentation-Tough loss to Doane
- T5. Valley City Stat-Need to find a win or two in Florida
Games to Watch
22 Bellevue vs 4 Morningside – November 30, 2019 2pm
Valley City State vs LSU Alexandria – November 29, 2019 12:30pm