Good morning NAIA hoops fans! As you’re sipping on your coffee this morning let us catch you up on what is happening around the NAIA Hoops world!
- Clarke (IA) last night got an exhibition win over NCAA D2 Winona State. The cool part about that win, is that even though it wont count on Clarke’s record, Winona actually scheduled the game from their side as an actual game. Darius Lasley with a 16 point, 17 rebound game. Which would be a nice night for a big man, except for hes just 6’2!! Clarke will open up Heart of America Conference play this Saturday, when they travel to Missouri Valley.
- There were 21 Conference games last night. 11 of those 21 were less then 10 point ball games, and 5 of them were decided by 1 possession, including a couple buzzer beaters!
- Road wins are always tough. Conference road wins are even tougher! #6 Dakota Wesleyan leaned on All-American Ty Hoglund, who got the buzzer beater to go, to get a big conference road win over #25 Dordt!
- Ottawa (KS) got a big 89-87 home win over #7 Oklahoma Wesleyan.
- Also in KCAC action, The Bethel Threshers took down #13 Southwestern (KS) 78-73. The video they posted on Twitter is part of what makes small college hoops so fun!
- Columbia International (SC) beat St Andrews 79-78 in a thrilling Overtime win out in the Appalachian Athletic Conference!
- We talked yesterday about one of the oldest rivalries in NAIA being the one between Jamestown (ND), and Valley City St. (ND). It was a great game, but the Jamestown Jimmies were able to find some separation late in the game on their way to the win.
- We have been averaging a new 1,000 point scorer a day in NAIA! It’s a great accomplishment for the student-athletes, and we will continue to post and congratulate each one! Congratulations to Bluefield Ram, Jeremiah Jenkins on 1,000 career points!
- That’s a wrap for today! Always a reminder that if you want us to post something for you, feel free to tag us on twitter, or DM us.
Follow us on Social Media