NAIA Bullet Points is your quick read format of everything going on in NAIA Hoops. We have built an audience that ranges from NAIA Coaches, players, programs, and Universities, to parents and high school players seeking to understand more about this level of play. We will extend this to a daily version when the season starts up, but for now, here are this weeks bullets:
- Regarding our tweet the other day about being 50 days out from October 1st:
There isn’t an official practice starting date for NAIA basketball, but programs are only allowed 24 weeks of practice during the academic year. October 1st is usually right around that 24 week window, but teams are allowed to start before then.
- While we will still post things from time to time on the NAIA Women’s Side, I wanted to point out another twitter handle to follow. NAIA Whoopz Scoop (@NaiaScoop) is a new handle that is highlighting NAIA Women’s Basketball. You should give them a follow!
- Speaking of Women’s Basketball, congrats to NAIA Women’s basketball player Stephanie Soares, who won a Pan American Games gold medal with Brazil. Stephanie and her brother, Tim, are both stand out players at The Master’s University (CA).
- For anyone still looking to finish up their 2019-20 Schedule. Life University is still looking to add a couple games for this season.
- NAIA had a couple more players sign professional contracts. American Midwest Conference POY, and All-American Pablo Hernandez of Missouri Baptist Uiversity, and Langston University (OK) All-American Dante Bailey.
- Be sure to check back in as we have a few more League Breakdown Reports being released later this week!
Follow us on Social Media