Happy Halloween to you all! Have fun, be safe and watch some NAIA basketball!
- Episode 2 of the ‘Road To Muni Podcast’ is LIVE! We added in a fun new segment with Coach Kevin Lubbers. We also talked with NAIA’s newest 500-win coach, Greg Tonagel of Indiana Wesleyan.
- Speaking of Greg Tonagel and 500 wins
- A coaching change at No. 12 Union
- We are all about the brotherhood at the NAIA level and wouldn’t have a platform if it wasn’t for NAIA Ball. They have a storefront up and we encourage everyone to check it out and support their efforts!
Player of the Week Winners
- Our Game of the Day was a doozy!
- Briar Cliff knocked off Mount Mercy, 89-72 to move to 2-0 on the season. In the game, Quinn Vasey joined the 1k scoring club!
All-Americans being All-americans
- Tyler Schmidt (Olivet Nazarene) just missed a triple-double as he scored 28pts to go with 9rebs and 8assts. He also had 3 steals in ONU’s 88-66 win over Taylor.
- Ezra McKenna (Mobile) scored 17pts and had 14rebs and 4assts in Mobiles win over SUNO.
- 2021-22 All-American, Jonathan Brown goes for 19pts, 7rebs in his debut with Cumberlands.
Newcomers Showing Out
- Linton Brown (Wayland Baptist) who was on our preseason National POY watch list, went for 25pts/6rebs last night. He was 7-9 from deep.
- As you see in the recap section, Justin Warren (Dillard) who was a JUCO All-American, put up 20pts to go with 7assts in Dillard’s big win over LSU Alexandria.
- Robertas Jonaitis (Cumberlands), transfer from Gannon, had 19pts, 10rebs, 4assts in his NAIA debut.
- Keiser newcomers Vincent Miszkiewicz (D1 UW-Milwaukee) had 12pts/18rebs, Calvin Sirmans (Freshman) had 14pts, 11asts, 4stls in his college debut and Justin Nichelson (Lees-McRae) had 16pts and 11rebs in his debut.
Notes For Today’s Games
- William Woods had a strong debut against KCAC member, Bethel (KS). They will look to continue that with another big one against RV Evangel (MO)!
- Tennessee Southern faces their best competition since knocking off D1, TN Tech. The Firehawks will host former league mate, No. 13 Freed-Hardeman tonight in what should be a big time game!
- Oklahoma Panhandle State, who had 1-win ALL of last season, now goes for win No. 3 already this season tonight as they host McPherson (KS).