Thank you for sticking with us as we work thru some technical issues. Long story short, we are most likely going to have to change our hosting provider. It won’t change anything on your end, other than the fact that the site should speed up quite a bit! We have simply outgrown our original provider. When we started the site, we didn’t know anything about running a website. Our host site was great for the first couple of years, providing us with tech support, website maintenance and other beneficial services. We never thought, when we started the site, that we would be where we are today! It’s a really cool thing to know that we have outgrown some of the services that we originally paid to have intact! We say all of that just to communicate on why some people are facing the issues they are having with the site. Our contract with the current provider comes to an end soon. Once that is completed, hopefully things will be smoother. Thank you all for your patience as we continue to try to bring you the best coverage of NAIA basketball!
Game of the Day Recaps
Women’s Game of the Day
- Early on, it looked like the defending National Champions, Thomas More, were going to run away with this game. However, Indiana Wesleyan held TMU to just 6 points in the 3rd quarter and got themselves right back into it. The 4th quarter was everything you would want in a battle of two ranked teams! It was back and forth and ultimately would come down to a big defensive play and then a heave by Emily Simon (banks are open late in Crestview Hills) to help Thomas More get the win!!
- Here is the play, from a couple different angles!
Men’s Game of the Day
- For those that don’t know, Brescia is led by Head Coach, Sarah Gayler, who last season became the first woman to be named head coach for a men’s college basketball team. Plain and simple, she is just a really good coach. Her experience at the pro level makes her teams fun to watch. They will be looking to improve from their 7-22 season last year, but they are off to a good start with a tough road win last night. They were led by Nevin Graves, who hit five 3 pointers, on his way to a game high 20pts. Carrieun Mathis also chipped in with a nice 12pt, 16reb double-double!
Other Notable Games
- #9 Central Methodist was able to run away from Haskell for a 94-61 win. They were led by Daryna Bachkarova, who had a career-high of 26pts.
- #21 Rust defeated Arkansas Baptist 68-40. Double-double machine, Katie Blackmon, led the way with 13pts and 15rebs.
- #21 Florida College moved to 3-0 with a 92-50 win over Trinity.
- Arkansas Baptist, who just moved to a 4yr program last season after years of being a JUCO program, got their first win as an official NAIA program last night. They beat Rust 83-82 in Overtime as Brandon Williamson made both FT’s with six seconds left to lead them to the win. Williamson was 9-11 from the FT line on the night and led Arkansas Baptist with 21 points.
- A quick shoutout to ALL of the coaches who got their first career wins this past week! There are a ton of you and we don’t want to miss anyone by making a list, so we hope a generic CONGRATULATIONS will suffice!
- In last nights Top 25 win, Zoie Barth joined the 1,000 career point scorer club!
Other News and Notes
- Please be aware of Phishing links in posts from sources you don’t know. I know even some coaches and programs are retweeting these, because they are tagged in them, but be aware these are not good links! If you ever have questions, feel free to reach out and/or tag us to ask us if it is valid! We are here to help the best we can!
- In case you missed it, Episode 2 of our Road To Muni podcast is now live!! We have a new segment within each epidode called Stock Risers, which is a fun look at some of the teams, players or leagues who had good weeks and have their stock rising this season!