|14 Ottawa||0-0||.000||2-0||1.000||—||2-0||0-0||0-0||Won 2|
|Kansas Wesleyan||0-0||.000||2-2||.500||—||2-2||0-0||0-0||Won 1|
|RV Oklahoma Wesleyan||0-0||.000||0-0||.000||—||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Saint Mary||0-0||.000||0-1||.000||—||0-0||0-1||0-0||Lost 1|
- #14 Ottawa is 2-0 to start the year following wins over Barclay and Baker. While they lost the reigning KCAC Player of the Year, the team brings back a core of their KCAC championship team from a year ago, including Jaquan Daniels who is averaging 17.5 ppg through two games so far, and Mason McDow—who leads the team in rebounds and assists. Their KCAC opener vs. Saint Mary has been postponed and will be next in action on Friday at Kansas Wesleyan.
- Avila has looked impressive in their first two games, averaging 89 ppg in their two wins. The team rans in the top 20 nationally in steals and holds a +5.5-turnover margin on the year. The team will face a non-conference test on Monday when they visit Benedictine.
- McPherson has also started the season 2-0 following wins over Manhattan Christian and Columbia. Kemryn Jenkins is averaging 20 ppg in the two wins, but more impressively is shooting 62.5 percent from the floor. The Bulldogs were one of the surprise teams in the league in 2019-20 and should remain a KCAC contender again this season
- Tabor may be the most impressive team in the KCAC in the early season after two impressive wins over Concordia and Hastings. The Bluejays are already one-third to their win total from last season and rank No. 16 in the nation in rebounding. Nashom Carter is averaging 21 points through two games.
- RV Oklahoma Wesleyan returns the most from last season and are 2-0 to begin the year following wins over Calvary and Evangel. The Eagles are coming off a KCAC Tournament championship last season and saw a win in the NAIA Tournament before things got shot down. Many speculate junior guard Brooks Haddock to be one of the favorites to win KCAC Player of the Year this season.
- Sterling fell in their opener to Doane but has bounced back to win their last two over non-NAIA members. Still, a team that struggled last season is showing they can put up points after back-to-back 100+ games. They will face a tough test in their conference opener against a much-improved Tabor squad.
- Southwestern dropped two games over the weekend in Salina to tough competition, including a loss to No. 7 Morningside, after beginning the season 3-0. The Builders return just one starter from a season ago in which they finished 23-8. The team has yet to really play at full strength to begin the year and should face a tough battle in their KCAC opener on Wednesday against Kansas Wesleyan.
- Kansas Wesleyan looked impressive over the weekend in their home classic after a season-opening two-point squeaker against Manhattan Christian. The Coyotes were narrowly defeated by five to seventh ranked Morningside before knocking off a tough Benedictine team by four. AJ Range is averaging 21 point and 14 rebounds through four games this season.
- Bethel took on a tough USAO team in their opener and will have a tough start to the KCAC schedule as they host Oklahoma Wesleyan on Wednesday. Perhaps another surprise team from a year ago, the Threshers return a big core from a year ago, including KCAC Defensive Player of the Year Jaylon Scott.
- Saint Mary fell in their opener to RV Bellevue but saw 38 points from Diego Lucas, who finished the game 18-27 shooting the ball. The Spires enter the 2020-21 season with a young roster and a lot of new faces.
- York battled in both their games, falling to in-state opponents Doane and Peru State. Despite the losses, the team certainly passes the eye test as they display a lot of talent and a group of returners from their squad last season. The Panthers currently have seven players averaging more than five points through the first two contests.
- Friends had a rough start to the season as they dropped three games to Nebraska schools, including two 20-point losses. The Falcons also see a lot of new faces this season.
- Have not recorded a result: Bethany
KCAC Power Rankings
With league games already starting this week, Power Rankings will be posted next week
GAMES OF THE WEEK
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 4
Avila at McPherson
Two undefeated teams square off
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 6
Southwestern at Friends
Ottawa at Kansas Wesleyan
Two top-four teams from a year ago
Follow us on Social Media