Game Recaps, Coaching Wins, BIG Thursday Slate,& Other NAIA Bullet Points
- Good Morning NAIA Hoops Nation! Most conferences are starting their 2nd half of league play now, and conference championship races are starting to heat up! Each night keeps bringing us bigger and bigger games, so buckle up and enjoy the ride for the next few weeks!
- Not much happening in NAIA DI hoops last night, but we did get a Frontier Conference matchup with #9 Carroll visiting Rocky Mountain. Carroll came into the game on a 3 game losing streak, but got back in the win column with a 76-61 win. Jovan Sljivancanin led the way with 23 points and 10 rebounds. The win moves Carroll to a half game lead for 3rd place in the Frontier.
- In DII action, the first game we circled was a game in the Chicagoland that saw IU South Bend go on the road and beat IU Northwest in Overtime 87-84 despite giving up 27 points to Rashad Richardson. Dylan Allen led the way for South Bend with 14 points. The win moves South Bend into 4th place, while Northwest is in 6th place in the CCAC.
- The 2nd game circled on our list ended up being a really great GPAC game, in which Jamestown got a huge 82-75 road victory over #10 Dakota Wesleyan. The Jimmies made 11 of 16 3’s in the game to get Head Coach Danny Neville his first win at the Corn Palace, and it was a special one, as he got career win #100! Congrats Coach!
- In the KCAC, we circled a game between RV Bethel and #7 Ottawa. Bethel got a huge 75-74 home win, which was their biggest upset since beating #11 Newman back in 2003. The Threshers had a bit of a rough stretch losing 3 of its last 5 games coming into the ballgame, including a rough loss at Tabor the game prior. This is the type of win though that can catapult a team into a great finish to the season, and being just 2 games back of 1st, anything can happen in the KCAC!
- The last game we had circled from last nights slate was the WHAC matchup between Rochester and UM-Dearborn. Rochester has been playing great basketball as of late, and last nights 92-79 win gave them their 8th win in their last 10 games. A feat that has them surging up the WHAC standings where they currently sit in 4th place, and just 2.5 games back of 1st. Pete Agba had 22 points, and Armand Cartwright chipped in 21 points in the win. This is a team to keep an eye on down the stretch.
- It was quite the night in the GPAC last night, as the points came flooding in!
- A congrats also to Darnell Latham Jr. of Lincoln (IL) on his 1,000 career point. The Lynx are back to playing good basketball, and hosting the Aii Tournament will make them a very strong contender still to get to the National Tournament.
- Just want to give out another BIG Thank You to all of you who follow us, and trust us to bring you information about NAIA basketball. We really do try our best to cover everyone, and while we aren’t perfect, we continue to improve, and will always look for ways to make the site better!
- There are some really big time games tonight! Stay tuned to NAIA Hoops Report, for more news and coverage of today’s games!!
Follow us on Social Media