NAIA Morning Bullet Points: Game Recaps, 1k Club, and More
- Good Morning NAIA Hoops Nation!! Apologies for missing yesterday’s Morning Bullet Points, it was typed up, but the idiot running this site forgot to publish it. We are happy to have added a few league weekly reviews! These should be really good additions to the site, especially after some of the great games last night!! We do have some bad weather headed to the Midwest, so quite a few games already being rescheduled for this weekend. We will keep you updated the best we can!
- DI Game Recaps
- Cumberlands (KY) 80 – Cumberland (TN) 69
- A nice conference road win for Cumberlands, as they stay in the thick of the hunt in the Mid-South. Tevin Olison continues to be impressive as he had 14 points, 7 rebounds, and 7 assists. Caleb Taylor also had a huge game with 23 points and 14 rebounds in the win. Game Recap|Box Score
- #3 Mid-American Christian 73 – #9 Wayland Baptist 58
- MACU continues to roll as they knocked off their 2nd Top 10 opponent. Wayland Baptist lost it’s 4th straight, but came out of the gate hot. They took a six point lead into the break behind some good defense. However, MACU proved to be too much in the 2nd Half as they scored 50 points after halftime to roll to a 73-58 win. D’Von Moore and Terrance Jones paced the Evangels with 14 points each. Game Recap|Box Score
- DII Recaps
- #25 Antelope Valley 83 – RV Cal-Maritime 67
- Antelope Valley took down a Cal-Maritime squad that has been having a good year. It was a pretty good game through the first part of the first half, but UAV went on a big run to end the half, and never looked back. Ronnie Rousseau III continues to increase his resume for Cal-Pac player of the year, as he finished the game with 21 points. Game Recap|Box Score
- #11 Ave Maria 88 – #22 Keiser 90 OT
- Ave found themselves down 21-4 to start the game, but their zone defense helped them to slow down the pace of the game enough to get stops, and crawl back into the game, and force OT. Overtime was just as good, but Keiser’s Mark Gordon hit a 3 to go up 1 with a minute and a half left, and Keiser seized the momentum to ride out the win. Gordon is one of the best players in NAIA DII and finished the game with 34 points and 9 rebounds. Game Recap|Box Score
- You can hear post game interviews from both of our DII “Circled games” winning coaches below via our friend Billy D at Cascade Hoops Talk
- We have had several players join the 1k Club this week, and wanted to give a shout out, and congratulate all of them:
- A great win last night from William Jessup over #2 The Master’s, here is the crazy tip in game winner!
Follow us on Social Media