NAIA Morning Bullet Points: GPAC Madness, Game Recaps, Dwight Burton 1k Club, and More
- Good Morning NAIA Hoops Nation!! It was another fun night of games last night. Out of the 16 conference games last night, 3 went into overtime, 1 double overtime, and 9 of the games were within 10 points.
- Most of the fun from last night happened in the GPAC.
- Doane (NE) and Concordia (NE) had a defensive showdown as Concordia won 83-77 in double overtime. Carter Kent led the way for Concordia with 22 points, and added in 9 rebounds in the win. (Box Score)
- Mount Marty (SD) proved that they are the real deal last night, with a huge 106-98 road win over #6 Dakota Wesleyan. Waiting on the runoff election results still, but pretty sure first year Head Coach Todd Lorensen may have woken up as the new mayor of Yankton, South Dakota with that win. The stat lines in this game are bonkers. If I would type them out you would all think I had a ton of mistakes, so go check it out yourself. (Box Score)
- Be sure to read about the rest of last nights GPAC madness in the GPAC weekly review on Monday.
- Here are last nights WHAC scores
- We have mentioned it a few times now, but another first year Head Coach who has done great things so far is Dennis Hopson at Lourdes. He has his team sitting atop the WHAC standings right now, and is 8-3 overall. They have 3 wins against Top 25 opponents already. The 3 losses you ask…
- #15 Saint Francis (IN) by 2
- #4 Mount Vernon Nazarene in OT
- #9 Madonna by 4
- Last night Lourdes got a nice 68-54 road win over UM-Dearborn. McRay White came off the bench to lead Lourdes in scoring with 18 points. (Box Score)
- Another team who is starting to come to form is Indiana Tech. They got a big 82-67 win against #9 Madonna last night to stay 1 game back of first place. Josh Kline led the way 15 points in the win. (Box Score)
- Dwight Burton wound up with 24 points in the game which got him into the 1,000 point club!
- For a look at all of last nights scores, be sure to visit the NAIA Scoreboard
- One of the coolest traditions in the NAIA is almost upon us. We have mentioned in before, but it’s also pretty cool that the Indiana Pacers gave a shout out to Taylor’s Silent Night game!
Follow us on Social Media