- Our apologies for missing this, this past weekend, but Coach Brian McDermott, from Southern Oregon, reached the 500 wins mark in his career! Congrats Coach!!
- While we celebrated Head Coach Ray Shovlain’s win mark this weekend, another St. Ambrose Fighting Bee hit a milestone as well. Congrats Jake!
- In last nights action:
- Mount Marty beat #16 Jamestown 93-88 in OT. This team will have a chance to crack the official Top 25 this week after being projected to finish last in the GPAC, in the preseason poll.
- Westmont (CA) also continued their winning ways last night with a nice win over Carroll (MT).
- Traditions aren’t limited to small colleges, but one of the beautiful aspects of small college athletics is the fact that there are a lot of GREAT traditions across NAIA. Two of them you seem to hear about each and every year are actually happening just 11 days apart this year! Tonight William Penn gets us started with their annual Toilet Paper Game, and then next week (Dec. 6th) we get the Taylor (IN) Silent Night Game! Here is more information on both:
- Then Friday, December 6th we get the Annual Taylor Silent Night Game. Which may be the coolest tradition in any level.
- Both teams actually have pretty good records in these games. More importantly, traditions like these give players, students, and fans memories to talk about for a lifetime. I encourage you all to tune in and watch these games!
- With many programs on break and/or bad weather on it’s way, there are a lot of early games today! We will have the Schedule and Links posted earlier then usual today.
Follow us on Social Media