#17 Loyola (LA) @ RV Xavier (LA) Tuesday, November 26th 7:00pm CT – Watch Live
WHY GAME OF THE WEEK?
Just 3 miles separates these two programs, so a lot of bragging rights on the line tonight. Both of them are in OUR NAIA Top 25, and both should be in tomorrows official rankings as well. The player matchup to watch in this one will be Zach Wrightsil and William Lloyd. Both are returning All-Americans who are already having great years. Loyola comes in at 10-0, while Xavier is 9-3, and this is a great crosstown matchup that you won’t want to miss!
- #17 Loyola (LA) – 10-0
- #12 Muaturah 6’2 Jr. G – 6.7ppg
- #4 Muller 6’4 Fr. G – 10.3ppg, 3.8rpg
- #1 Cameron 6’4 Jr. G – 17.7ppg, 5.5rpg,4.1apg, 3.3spg
- #23 Wrightsil 6’5 So. F – 17.5ppg, 10.0rpg, 5.0apg
- #34 Smith Jr. 6’5 Jr. F – 15.1ppg, 7.8rpg
- RV Xavier (LA) – 9-3
- #2 Davison 5’8 Sr. G – 9.3ppg,
- #25 Dumas 5’9 So. G – 6.4ppg
- #3 Mart 6’3 Jr. G – 16.2ppg, 5.5rpg, 2.6apg
- #24 Lloyd 6’5 Sr. F – 15.6ppg, 8.3 rpg
- #30 Wilson 6’9 Jr. C – 1.0ppg, 2.9rpg
Both of these teams are fairly young, so this could continue to be a really great matchup over the next few years. Loyola is playing as well as anyone in the country right now. I have heard that All-American Myles Burns is hurt, and may be out for awhile, but they still have their other All-American Zach Wrightsil back, and he already has two Triple-Doubles this season. This should be a really fun game, and whoever controls the pace should win the game. Loyola likes to play more uptempo, averaging 106.8 points per game, while Xavier will look to slow the pace a bit as they average just 77 points per game. Xavier will look to lean on All-Americans Rayshawn Mart, and William Lloyd to lead them to their biggest win of the season. Going to be a fun one down in New Orleans!!!
Follow us on Social Media